• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Aqua

Jinjanut

I did a long session of quite full on aqua yesterday (she did a normal aerobics class but in water with no stops), I had done 10 lengths of the pool beforehand as I was early. I was absolutely drained afterwards. Is this normal? - I had my op end of Jan but had problems with stricture. Should i stick to Aqua? Was thinking of doing spin classes too. xx

With your food intake yesterday it's very normal to be drained. You need to eat a minimum of 900 calories not including those expended through exercise to keep healthy. Although you're a little way out from your op, you've had a tough time and your body hasn't been adequately fed for a long time. Exercise is important, but getting your food intake sorted first is more important at the moment. Take it slow and steady and build up your fitness levels over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm great thanks :) just went to my subscribed threads and the top half were all yours, I'm not stalking you really! I don't like seeing posts going unanswered but hope I'm not coming across as a know-it-all.

A friend of mine teaches Zumba, it does sound fun! I'm on the waiting list for our local riding for the disabled association group so hoping that won't be too long a wait!

It us good. I spent the first session laughing so much! I was all over the place! You will enjoy it so much and the music is fab! Xx

Oh I can't do Zumba lol, it doesn't work too well with crutches or a wheelchair ;)

I did a long session of quite full on aqua yesterday (she did a normal aerobics class but in water with no stops), I had done 10 lengths of the pool beforehand as I was early. I was absolutely drained afterwards. Is this normal? - I had my op end of Jan but had problems with stricture. Should i stick to Aqua? Was thinking of doing spin classes too. xx
Hi,
I just know that when my son does a spin class he can wring out his top, so I think at this stage its probably too ambitious. Aqua on the other hand is fantastic. There is something about the environment in a pool that never fails to make me feel tired so it could be that or as stated before, maybe not enough calories in.
You could do a plain cycle in the gym or something else that you enjoy and then finish with a swim, jacuzzi, etc.
Have fun, I have joined a lovely gym today and am looking forward to all the Zumba classes.

Back