• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Duodenal Switch Are there any other BPDSers ?

Hey everyone. I'm not a ds'er as of yet. I'm finishing up all my required things for insurance and should submit in march after my psych eval. Before I want even considering the DS as I didn't think my insurance covered it our my surgeon did the DS well when he suggested it and told me insurance I have covers it with my bmi at like 53 and being only 21 years old he said its not for every one but to consider it. Well I was totally going for RNY but after long consideration and lots of research the DS is for me! So submitting i'm march and praying fit my date to be in April! don't know any people who have h ad the DS so anyone willing to share their experiences thanks! Also why did you choose this surgery! Thanks!

hi

apols i didn't receive any notifications that any body had responded..

i'm not sure whats allowed or not allowed on here as yet, but if anybody wants to ask me q's 1-1 re the ds you would be very welcome.. i am almost 9yrs out and without sounding like i'm bragging as i am not at all , i do have to hand a wealth of info or where to find info out..

thank you

gwen x

Hi I had DS Nov 11 I have lost I've 12 stone I chose the op because it suits what I eat, we have to have 100 grms protein aday and I eat a lot of meat I also eat peppered mackerel once a week and liver, I had bmi54 type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea , high cholesterol, these have all gone now :) I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so needed the op that would give me the best chance to liver a better life , I did not want to be able to cheat and also the op with best chance of never regaining the weight xxx I hope that helped but have to tell you it is not an easy option I have had a lot I'd problems with vitamin deficiencies weakness and no energy whatsoever my hair has not been the same has lost all its shine and I had to have it cut short so didn't look as bad xxx I would not change my choice but wish I had done it years ago :) you are young so hopefully won't have the deficiencies etc :) good luck take care xx

ds info

hi

are you allowed to post up other sources of ds support/websites etc i know of a lot of facebook groups, websites ds and wls etc

gwen x

hi Gwen I don't know to be honest there's only myself really regularly posts on here there are a couple of others no so frequent but I think only 4 in total :( if you find out let me know coz I'm getting to know more about bypass than DS :) x

hi
are you allowed to post up other sources of ds support/websites etc i know of a lot of facebook groups, websites ds and wls etc
gwen x

I think it is against the rules of this forum to promote and link FB groups and the like (have seen Moderators mention it before) -- you have to PM (private message) people to swap that kind of info.

To be able to PM people like your fellow DS'er angiemason you need to have 50 posts.

To get your post count up to 50 take part in the Word Games and trivial chit chat things.

Sharon is correct it is against the forum rules.

Its a shame there aren't that many ds' ers on here but feel free to join in on any threads rather than play the word games. Everyones experience is valued.

very interesting to read as ive had the sleeve which failed and I am now offered the duo- switch or bypass...my surgeon says the switch would suit me better... Am I right to believe that you don't feel restricted with the duo switch? x

Not sure what you mean by restricted? If you mean restricted in that you can't eat a lot of different things; then no, there is no restriction. Most DSers can eat anything.

If you mean restricted in that you can only eat a certain amount of food at a time; then, yes, there is restriction. You'll know when you hit that point of feeling full.

Back