• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

At last!!

brollie

Hi folks,
Well after really struggling over last three months, feeling no restriction and permanently hungry. I had a fill last week to take me to 9mls in 14 ml band, and at last I have restriction! I have lost more weight in last week than last two to three months! And even better only need two more pounds to reach my first one hundred pounds - pre and post op included.
My life is so much better, I can bend down, walk for miles, stay awake all day, and just generally enjoy life so much more.
I still have to work far more than average hours, but can cope with it so much better and all of a sudden getting compliments from those around me who are suddenly noticing I have lost weight, fantastic, and boosts self confidence so much. Last few weeks not been easy, but although I have struggled and lost minimal amounts of weight, at least I have had weight loss, whereas in past it would have been a gain. The band has been money well spent, would recommend to anyone considering this.
Must say, really in awe of Top Kat, you are such an inspiration to me and probably loads of members on here.....keep up the great work, and pleeeeeewase put more photos on!

oh goodness I really relate to what you have written, it is hard without restriction, and I like you, have just had a fill to take me to 9 mls which has finally given me a little, not so much in hunger terms unfortunately yet, but. Can feel the presence of the band I couldn't before.

I am so glad that you've gotten to this point, but 100lbs is no minimal loss Hun, in fact it's a huge amount and you should be so so pleased and proud of getting there :)

It is hard at times to know how it can work when there is no restriction, and even when losing, without the band doing what it should be, it's hard to imagine. When the losses slow or plateau, I think we have a tendency to think we are failing, or more s that the band has failed. We haven't, and it hasn't it and we just haven't reached the optimum of where we can be. That "sweet spot" we often hear mentioned.

I don't know about you but I was getting worried that as the fills went in and still having no restriction, and while it is still minimal for me, it does give you light at the end of the tunnel. . . I expressed these concerns when I had my fill just over a week ago, and the lady said that with a 14ml band restriction is normally found between 9 and 10.5mls for the majority of people, and for those who feel little restriction from earlier fills will often find it comes at the higher end of those numbers.

I am SO pleased to hear you're getting there but more so of how far you've come . . .be proud and pleased and long may it continue as you move down in those sizes and up in those losses :)

Hi guys. I have 8.5mls in an 11ml band. I find I get hungry soon after eating but I have so muh in my band! I also get indigestion ouchy if I eat too fast. Do u think I need more fill even tho I have a lot in already?? Haven't lost any weight! Exercise lots and eat very well!! Thank you

Hi guys. I have 8.5mls in an 11ml band. I find I get hungry soon after eating but I have so muh in my band! I also get indigestion ouchy if I eat too fast. Do u think I need more fill even tho I have a lot in already?? Haven't lost any weight! Exercise lots and eat very well!! Thank you

Do speak to your provider and follow this through, you say you are eating well, but it can depend n how and what you're eating. If you're not feeling restriction then maybe you do need a fill. A lady I met in the clinic when we went for a fill was only just finding her restriction at over 12mls in. 14ml band.

Check the size of your band - aren't they normally 10 or 14 ml it could be that you have more room in it? Or that you just need some more fluid to get to that restriction.

Don't give up on it yet, focus on your protein, check what you're eating and the quantities, maybe shake it up a bit and go from there . . . :)

Thanks for this.

I am at 8.75ml in a 14ml band and still no restriction.

Going back next Wednesday and hoping to be getting somewhere close x x

Back