• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band - Feeling better already

Vickys

Hi all.

Had my band fitted last Sunday and feel much better already. Was quite sore for the first three days but now feeling fine (thanks to all of you who encouraged me over the last week).
Apart from water have only had two slimfasts and two cups of bovril this week, don't feel like eating at all. I believe I can starting mush next week but not sure as have not been contacted by the hospital group at all. Can anyone let me know what happens next regarding beginning to eat again?

Vicky x

Well done you!Keep sipping water though.Maz x

Vicky, well done i was like you not even sore after day 3, i am off liquids today after 3 weeks on the soft ,puree now for 2/3 weeks.
You need to find out how your provider operates re the food plan did you not get a booklet from them as well as a discharge talk ?Mia

Don't think so. They called you all the time before they had the money and since then nothing!

let me know how you get on now you are almost back to real food, albeit tiny amounts.

Hiya - I had mine done with the hospital group and had a few sheets of A4 and a chat with the nurse before I left. Its 2 weeks fluid and then 2 weeks mushy and then follow recommended foods on their diet sheet. If you haven't had these I'd get them to email you or post them, thwy're quite useful..

Hi Vicky

as Judy said it's 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks sloppies then real food.

you're meant to get a dietician chat before moving onto real food (but I never did :rolleyes:) so I would recommend ringing THG as you're about to move onto sloppies to schedule a dietician chat or make sure that they have one in place for you.

Back