• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mucus

BecksDaykin

Hi all..not posted for a long time

I have 9mls in a 14ml band and for the last few months have been bringing up mucus after eating..food stays down..just mucus comes up
What is this? Do I need to up the fluids?

when u say mucus u mean like a gloop??or mucus like u have when have bad cough??

If its like bubbly mucus, its because you have eaten too much - well it is in us bypassers so wait and see if its the same in banders!!

i'm a bypasser and i was told by my dietician if that happens after eating, to drink/sip something 5-10 mins before eating. ive not had that or had food'sit' for a few weeks now.

Being a bander I have never had that , thats why I asked whether it was like gloop (not green like snot) because thats a sign of either eating too fast too much, but if u say its like snot I would suggest u get yourself checked out, unless your recovering from a chest infection or have one coming maybe xx

I had a fill on Friday and surgeon who done it was baffled as he'd never heard of it..as its not acid, band not too tight. Maybe it's eating too quick or too much. Trial and error really I guess
Thx for ur replies

I get stuff that looks like jelly fish. I get it only after a teaspoon full but they are investigating mine. Sure it could be as others have said that you are eating to much

For me it's due to eating too much or too fast. It's horrible isn't it!

Thx all

Yeah does seem to be worse when I try n eat like I used to lol

Back to basics..small amounts n chew chew chew..better start putting in into practice

read about this on here somewhere a while ago, try drinking a glass of hot water 40 mins before your meal.it help break down the mucus. hope that helps hune.

Back