• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Avatars are those little pictures next to your post!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Avartars are something you do yourself, but it not that hard.

1) Go to the menu at the top of this page, click on the User CP

2) Go to edit avatars and click.

3) Click on use custom avatars

4) Browse your files to find the picture you want to use

5) Click on save changes

6) It will add your pic to your posts automatically.

flirty40greeneyes

5) Click on save changes

Mini
I must be doing something wrong as when I try to upload my photo ... and it is the right size .... it says "Upload of file failed" - I'm a failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beverley xxx

flirty40greeneyes

Thanks Pierce - on it's way!
Although the others may wish you hadn't offered when they have to look at my piccy!

Beverleyx

flirty40greeneyes

Pierce - how do you make photos less in size of pixels etc???

I've tried cropping it etc - but it still won't allow me to upload! Is there a way to make files smaller???

Thanks Beverley

Attachments

• pinkandalice.jpg
    pinkandalice.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 38

Cavycrazy

I cant add mine either :confused: . I dont know what am doing wrong. Can anyone help please. :)

Deb x

OOPS ...sorry ...looks like its worked afterall, but it kept saying invalid upload!!

Last edited:

LisaM

5) Click on save changes

Hi,
When i go into edit avatar there is no 'use custom avatar'.
Do yea knw what im doing wrong??
Thanks
Lisa :confused:

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
you need to attain 20 posts first and then these options will be advailable to you :)

only 8 more to go!

Pierce

canaryellow

Hi.. i have finally got over 20 posts, searched the net for the pic i wanted, tried to use it.. and it says failed.
any suggestions please :D

thanx

sophia-jo

just tried to add my newly created avatar but couldnt do it, just read I need min. of 20 posts to add it..... this may be no. 19.....

sophia-jo

ooops, nope, that was no.18, this is no. 19.....
where to now, where shall I post no.20?????:D

sophia-jo

me again, got my eye wiped there, i have built my posts up to 20 and I still can't get my avatar sorted.

No Avatar Specified Avatars are small graphics that are displayed under your username whenever you post.
Do not use an avatar
Note: if you have a custom avatar selecting this option will delete it.

this is what is showing when I try...... I can click on the blue spot but it won't change. Do I have to wait a while.... I have a really pretty glitter babe that I want to add, pleeeeease help xxx

Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
its not always completly instant, the longes you have to wait is at most an hour, I have checked your account and you should be able to set an avatar :)

Pierce

sophia-jo

hi Pierce, I now have the options to set an avatar but I get the message INVALID FILE. I copied both the forum and the web URL and have tried both, but both have failed :sigh:
I've tried and tried :(

sophia-jo

I might be getting a bit mixed up here. I want my glitter babe icon using my name as my signature and a photo as my avatar...I think that's right. I have done this on other forums but heck, I just can't get it to work on this one:sigh:

I wonder if me not being allowed to use HTML has anything to do with it. I seem to be allowed everything but HTML?

Last edited:

sophia-jo

BB code?? Not sure what that is Pierce. I have two code, one is a forum code and one is HTML code (websites/MySpace) but niether of these codes work.

I have tried adding it to my SIGNATURE and tried adding a photo to my avatar. not too bothered about the photo although I wish I could add something....I'm more unhappy that I can't add my gorgeous glitter babe to my signature:(
any other suggestions would be appreciated.
ttfn thanks x

how did my photo get there???? I tried this and it didnt work.... woa!! that is weird.
So now I just got to sort out my gorgeous glitter signature... Any idea??