• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

awaiting bypass at Aintree hospital.

chillie82

My form went for funding last week. I am scared but excited at the same time. Does anyone know what the pre op diet is like there? Has anyone any idea when the panel is for Halton and st Helens pct? Not sure if anyone can help but I thought I would try. Em xxx

Hi Em ..... I'm a bander so cannot answer direct, just wanted I say hi, welcome and look forward I hearing more from you. Tracey xxx

My form went for funding last week. I am scared but excited at the same time. Does anyone know what the pre op diet is like there? Has anyone any idea when the panel is for Halton and st Helens pct? Not sure if anyone can help but I thought I would try. Em xxx

Hi hun,

I'm Halton & St Helens PCT, but had my operation at Spires Macclesfield in January. They have only recently started to use Fazakerly again, so I doubt you will find anyone who can advise.

As per the meeting of the PCT, I don't think ours do. I just think that the dietician and counsellor submit their report and someone decides. It only took me about 1 month to hear if I'd got it and then another 2 before op.... After 14 months of appointments with Alison and Keith!!

Where abouts you from, Widnes or St Helens??
xxx

Hi. I live in Runcorn. Been seeing Eileen and Keith the same time as you. Sounds like it could be quick then hopefully. Where r u from? X

Bariatrics has only just been started at Aintree so I guess it will still be the same as previous provider Spire on the Wirral,low carb diet.

Hi. I live in Runcorn. Been seeing Eileen and Keith the same time as you. Sounds like it could be quick then hopefully. Where r u from? X

I from St Helens, hun. They used to do Bariatrics a long time ago at Faz, but stopped it???? My Aunty is a nurse there and used to work on the ward.

Yeh, it was 3 months from application going in, in October to having my op in January.

Good luck. xx

I had my op at the Spire on the Wirral and I have been moved to the Aintree hospital from October for follow up appointments.The letter said I could stay at the Spire or move to the new clinic at Aintree.

I had my op at the Spire on the Wirral and I have been moved to the Aintree hospital from October for follow up appointments.The letter said I could stay at the Spire or move to the new clinic at Aintree.

I had mine at Spire Regency, Macclesfield and had the same letter. But I have chosen to stay at Macclesfield on my Aunty's recommendation, plus I want to stick with the team there as they know me and my case. xx

The pre op diet isn't that bad you have quite a varied range of foods to eat, so good my work colleagues made copies

Back