• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

b12 injection? and being tired

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
hello am asking too different questions?

1st one - can i just ask what the b12 injection is, ive noticed a lot of bypasser have it and was just curious whats its for as ive never been asked about it?

2nd one - since havin ur bypass have a lot of you become tired quicker! like i work the 6am - 2pm shift so i get up at 4.30am i usually go bed at about 9/10pm but lately am falling sleep about 8pm and im yawning all day long, i dont know if it can be cause im on the injection and i have been bleeding constantly for the 3 months ive been on it, luckly it runs out april 4th so defo not havin it again, also i dont eat red meat at all i only eat chicken so i was wondering if cause i dont eat red meat that could be a factor in why im tired a lot?

thank you xxxx

Iv been having b12 injections for the last few years due to my body can make a small amount of iron but i can not store it, not all people who have a bypass have b12 injection but when they do your blood tests few months post op it would say if you were in need of one. I had mine today i have it every three months and this time i really needed it as iv been really tired this last week, do you take iron? iv to take it three times a day. Id check what your bloods were like last time you had them done and just mention to your gp your feeling very tired maybe they need updateing, because you dont eat red meat wont make you tired so dont worry about that there is a lot or iron enriched food you can suplement red meat for x

B12...I have to have it every three months, surgeons orders...it hurts!!! I am well used to injections but OUCH!!!

Tiredness...I go through stages, I tend to feel more tired in the weeks when my body drops lots of pounds. but generally post op I am more tired and tire easier yep.

I hope you feel all well soon xx
Steph xx

I don't have a clue.. But a 'normal' sized girl at work has one every 12 weeks as she has a deficiency. She knows when it's due as she starts flagging.....

thank u peeps, yes i take the iron tablets that spire manchester said post op, also the mulitvits i take have iron in it as well, i spoke to my doctor as i thought i could be takin to much iron i.e. the ones he gives me is 2 a day and in my multivits its already had rhe recommened daily allowence but he said its ok to have too much iron as since my bypass our bodies dont obsorb as much as needed, if you know what i mean lol.

thanks next time i go ill ask for him to do my bloods xx

Back