• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

havin a lil rant

That is really bad, and totally a breach of your Confidentiality, dont let this be overlooked go directly to the practice manager, and if you get a bad response or they dont deal with it then get on to your NHS Primary care manager.

Hope it gets sorted
Hugs

Mona that is awful!! What :censored::censored: she is. What happened to the data protection act as well as patient confidentiality?

I just work in a call centre but we have to adhere to data protection, we can't even discuss an electricity/gas bill query with the wife if only the husbands name is on the account & vice versa!! This is because of the data protection act!!

Obviously working as a GP's receptionist is a much more important job that mine & as such I would have thought she would respect the confidentiality of a patient especially a colleague!!

yes i know, and sometimes its difficult too without realising you have done something wrong. One of my colleagues a few years ago was talking to a patient, about her daughter, and she said oh yes, your so and so told me earlier when she was in.
Obviously you are not allowed to say anything, its really hard to remember sometimes, or when someone has been bloody awful to you and then you have to see them at school or in the street and say nothing about it, no matter how many swear words or insults they have just thrown at you!

The receptionists at my GP's are lovely & really helpful. I've never seen them be anything other than professional which is hard sometimes when dealing with difficult situations. But as in all jobs there are a few bad ones!!

thats realli bad that is, i should get the manager told - id go mad me! but at the same time id av told your neighbour too - nosy git! like thats summat ya do - "oooo shes there look lets go and question her" none of her buisness and ive av told her too, lol i find it dificult to hold my mouth sometimes in situations like that, id have bit her head off! lol

same with your colleague mona - id take her to one side and have a quiet word in her ear with a threat of gross misconduct if you was to report her, thats disgusting that is! i dont know how youve held your calm with her.... you shouldnt have to sneak through back doors either

xxx

i hate going to my gp to be honest - theres a new bookings system been put in place where its an automated service on the other end of the phone making the apointments and the next available apointment is always at least 1 1/2 - 2 weeks away! thats no bloody good, when you need a doctor you cant usually wait 2 weeks can you? so you go through for an emergency apointment and you have to sit in the surgery for 2 hours + to be fit it - its a nightmare! i always take a book me because your garunteed to be in for a long wait! - theres like a glass screan up at reception in ours which gets pulled across when theres no one waiting to booked in so you cant hear anything anyway!

Claudia I agree you shouldn't let that go. Breaching your confidentiality is serious and just wrong.

and Mona, whilst I understand you don't want to rock the boat, I would be having a word with that so-called colleague of yours! That is so totally unnacceptable and she must know you know who's gossiped about you. I think I'd be going for the completely embarrassing her approach. Her behaviour is nothing short of appalling.

Charis, she wouldnt be embarrassed at all, she is one of those horrible thick skinned people that are never wrong, i just wouldnt want to cause an atmosphere, the only way i can change it is to change gps. She is one of those people who have their maximum sick leave every single year too, not even a team player. Pain in the backside!

The exact same thing happened to me with a pregancy test and my mother-in-law heard the lot. She was odd with us for ages and when we went to tell her the new 4 weeks later and she was livid because she thought we were keeping it secret.

You should complain hun to the practice manager. If nothing else it may at least prevent someone elses private business being broadcast through that open window.

im defo complaning today am there ay 12 so ill post after and let ya'll know what happens, as for my neighbours, she a lovely girl and she one of the girls my age that so mature for her age, she keeps herself to herself, she never gossips and is just generally a nice girl, she sed if she was me she wud complain to cause like a lady sed above what if it was somethin like a std! everyone wud know etc....

in my doctors everyone can hear you when ur at the window so when they ask for private information and its busy i ask for a pen and paper as i dont want people knowing my business (and i always get the paper back with what ive written on it) :p

my name is mud down at my G,.P surgery at the moment..lol
I have put in complaints left right and centre.
I hate it when I walk in and say
"i want to see the practice manager" and the first thing they say at the desk is "what is it about?"...like i would tell them my story...our reception is open...and you can hear every word that the receptionist say.
I even put in a complaint this week about how I was told to see a G.P on more than 4 occasions just for referral letter to be sent!!!
( I thought 4 receptionists 3 secretarys and other admin staff could handle a referral letter ..not waste a G.Ps time and when a sick patient could be seen in that time !!).

I am always professional and never swear and get the hump by the way..but if you dont complain,how can the service be improved....
good luck this afternoon claudia xxxxxxxxxx

I'm pretty fortunate with my gp but an estranged family member of mine works at the local hospital and has accessed my records there without permission and read some of my psychiatric files, which contain a lot of personal info about myself and other family members. I haven't taken it further because of the impact it would have on my family but I am furious about it.

well here goes...

i rang my docs to confirm my appointment, i always do this, and they said the book is in with the nurse but it will be at 12, so i got there at about 11.45, and the receptionist asked me to go sit in the other room, she seemed confused i was there, given i rang and it was her who answered the phone wen i confirmed my time, she then came to me and said did you not get our message? i said what message and i was gettin pissed by now, she sed we called and left a message on ur mobile!! i said no you didnt, i dont have voicemail so you couldnt have done, she said weve changed your appointment as the doctor put you down for tablets, by now i was gettin more peed off, and she was lookin flustered so i went, thats not possable, my doctor knows i cant have b12 through tablets thats why im havin injections and it says on the letter you got sent from kath im to have b12 injections, my doctor knows you cant absorb b12 through tablets after my op, so she said ill have to make another appointment so i sed well your gonna have to make itafter 3pm cause theres no way ill get time off work now, i was going mad as i had explained to her i took the whole day off so now im down a days holiday, she sed we rang you, well thats was enough for me, i said no you dint, i have not cleared my phone log in months i have no miss call off you and no voice mail as its not possible as i dont have voicemail set up, so why didnt you text me you have a text service and im regesteried on it?? she had no reply, so now i have to go in thursday at 4pm, i have to have 3 b12 injection a week for the first couple of weeks like a crash course then every 3 months i think. funny thing was they had my injections in a bag and said the nurse wil do it thursday, i said cant she do it now (i saw the nurse in the back of reception) there no one waiting to be seen, she said no sorry. as i finished i asked who in charge she looked a lil taken back and said what do u mean, i said incharge of this surgeryshe said oldham pct, i said thanks and bye, i wasnt nasty, dint swear and i was calm just a lil peed off, so i came home researched for oldham pct, cant get through so i rang my surgery again and asked for the pratice manager and she finishes as 2, so im ringing tomo on my break at work.

sorry its so long xxxx

well i just rang oldham pct and they put me through to the complaints department and i told everything and she was so helpful and agreed what happened today as well was not right at all and she made a note of everything but tolf me first speak to the pratice manager and if im not happy come back to her, she is also going to ring the oratice manage in the morning and tell her to expect a call from me, i asked her can i go in and see her instead of doin it over the phone and she sed yes, ring her and make an appointment, so im happy with the help i recieved from this lady, just see what tomo brings now, dom dom dom lol

bleeding hell, that is terrible practice! if we have to cancel any appointments and we cant get hold of them (we leave message on answer machine to call us back ) if they dont ring us back, then when they turn up, they are seen by someone, it might not be the original GP or nurse that they were booked with, but they would be seen. That is terrible

its used to be a really god doctor, years ago it was just one doctor and he owed the surgery, he paid the rent and any damages, he was brill and had a huge waiting list, but then when he retired and it became all locum doctors its gone to pot.

Back