• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 injection help needed

Colopatiron

Hi all, I have been to my doctor to sort my B12 injection. But she asked is it a 'staged' B12 injection or a straight B12 injection. I haven't got a clue, does anybody know which it is? I have tried to get hold of my surgeon but haven't been able to reach him. Thanks

Sue xx

I have b12 injections does he mean for a start wen u have to have three close together and then the one every eight or 12 weeks ? X

I understood that it's was to boost your levels from the onset and then u. Just have top ups and regular intervals. Standard practice I think xxx

I was ok pre op.... Most rny peeps have b12 I think. Your bloods are checked every three months in my case, think others are six monthly. Mine was picked up then ... Not sure if this is of help to you xxx

Mine is surposed to be every 12 weeks but I am usually symptomatic after 7-8 weeks and have one then. However my levels are dropping so I am waiting for my team to phone back with instructions!

Mine is surposed to be every 12 weeks but I am usually symptomatic after 7-8 weeks and have one then. However my levels are dropping so I am waiting for my team to phone back with instructions!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can I ask you what you mean by symptomatic? What symptoms to you suffer from with bit B12 deficiency please?

so you can have these before op and after does everyone has to have them (b12 injections) uuuugh. xx

you should only have B12 jabs if your blood work shows that you are deficient in B12... not all bypass ppl have a deficiency..

i never needed them until yr 4 post opp!!! now i have one every 3 months but after about 2 n half months i feel i could do with it, but my docs are a real jobs worth and make me wait!! grrr
x

Totally un related to weight loss my grandad had these injections when I was little and I agree with you we would notice how much slower and more tired he got as his injection was due, but within a short space of time after the jab he was back to normal again. I must admit I certainly expect to have to have them post-op if grandads history was anything to go by but a little injection every so often to keep me fit and healthy I can cope with.

I had my bypass with Mr Ammori and was NOT recommeded for B12 injections. Mr Ammori has now changed his advice and he now says that all bypass patients should get them. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone, I am going to presume that the first injection is a 'staged one, i.e one every week for a couple of weeks) then after that they are one single injection every 12 weeks. Thanks for all the feedback, its most helpful

Sue xx

Im going for mine today and am 2 weeks late, i have been feeling very tired and getting a dull headache think this is telling me it's over due. I'm under Mr Ammori and have been told the B12 is for life.

Back