• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 Injection

I've gotta have one next week.... do they hurt? I'm a real woos when it comes t needles. the daily injections that they gave us in hospital were far worse than the actual op for me .... :) x

I had my B12 last week Lynne - the injection itself didn't hurt at all but my arm stung as the drug spread into my arm - was a dull ache for about 15 mins. Its a small but very important price to pay for wonderful weight loss in my opinion!! :)

Thank you Snagglepuss. you are right, it is a small price to pay. at least I know what to expect now :sigh:. will I be ok to drive afterwards? :wave_cry: xx

Oh I'm sure you will - I drove straight from the doctors and went clothes shopping for the day! By the time I got to the fitting room in the first shop, I'd forgotten all about it!! Good luck! :)

Fab! thank you xx

Sorry Gary - I hijacked your post!! :D

My B12 is low & I'm pre op , so is my vit D :(

Not quite the same as us ladies but my grandad had late onset pernicious anaemia and needed regular B12 injections but his had to be monthly. About a week before his next was due you saw him visibly slow & weaken within a few hours of the injection he was back to himself & full of bounce again. He had his injections for many years until his death from a combination of a heart attack & multiple strokes over 22yrs ago. The injections were great for him & pain free once he'd checked with the district nurse she had sharpened the needle for him each time..

Back