• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The cheeky so and so's .....

slimmerkay

When I went for my 6 week post-op check last week I was given a B12 injection. They said they have just started giving them instead of waiting for the GP to start them. OK.

Now they've sent me an invoice for £7.00 for it :eek::mad:

What it couldn't be incorporated into the £9,650 I've already paid?

I'm gob smacked!!!

Quite frankly I wouldnt pay it. If you needed it your Doctor could give it to you for nothing.

I dont have any B12 injections and when I had my bloods checked it was fine.

That's a disgrace. Surely they can't do that!!!

So you'll pay £7 for an injection that you get off your GP for free!!?? Especially when you've just paid nearly 10K for your bypass in the first place??

Blimey Karen.. thats really taking the pee!

I wouldn't pay it...isn't that part of your after-care package???..And yes I would be tight over £7 if I had just coughed up nee on £10k for the op..
I would ring the secretary and point out the issue...cheeky !!!

I've sent Louisa (Mr Ammori's secretary) an email just now. Copied it here:

Hi Louisa

When I was at my 6 week post op last week I was offered the B12 injection which I agreed to. At no point did anyone mention me paying for this.

Today I received an invoice from the Spire for £7.00 for the injection.

Firstly, £7.00 is nothing - I realise this, but why is not included in the post operative care? If it is a prescription charge then I should have been informed and given the option to go to my GP for the injection which would have been free.

Also, whilst I am emailing anyway. I am a little disappointed that the only contact I have had from Jennie, the dietician, is a reply to an email I sent her at 4 weeks post op. I have no upcoming appointments to see her at all. And my appointment with the bariatric nurse is for February 2011. Is it normal to wait so long after surgery to see the nurse again?

Thank you,

Karen ******

Hubby is fuming!

I would be fuming too and im glad that i know this before my appointment 1st of december cos ill tell them they are taking the pi*s if they try and charge me!

I have a few issues with the aftercare, Jenny was supposed to ring me on the 28h to discuss going onto puree with me, i got nothing, after several texts to louisa i got a call from her the following day.

Ive also asked for a letter confirming my appointment on the 1st Dec as its on a wednesday when i work and if i have a letter i can get paid time off but still not got the letter.

I would have thought that when you pay the price we have (i also went private) you would expect a little more than what we are getting.

Cheeky beggars! They do seem to be taking the mickey considering what you've already paid!
But would it be free on NHS? I get free prescriptions, but if I paid for prescriptions I think I would have to have paid for it.

I get free prescriptions too Charis, but wasn't given the option.

well in that case I wouldn't pay it. Simple as. I suspect they can afford to absorb the cost since it's their blunder. Cheeky so n so's!

They swipe your card when you go for treatment whether or not you are paying by card. Just checked the letter and it says they intend to take the payment from my card 7 days from the date of the letter.

cheeky rats. Can you put a stop on the payment from your card? I think I would on principle!

Hi Karen, I was at the Spire the same day as you and havn't had a bill in. (yet!) Maybe a technical error with yours?
Have you had any reply to your email?

No Charmaine hasn't had an invoice either and she was there the same day.

I got a reply to say Louisa would investigate it. Nothing else since.

But I realised yesterday that hubby's card was replaced last week after a fraudalent transaction went through on it so they wont get any money off the card anyway because the one they have a record of has been cancelled :D

No Charmaine hasn't had an invoice either and she was there the same day.

I got a reply to say Louisa would investigate it. Nothing else since.

But I realised yesterday that hubby's card was replaced last week after a fraudalent transaction went through on it so they wont get any money off the card anyway because the one they have a record of has been cancelled :D

LOL serves them right!

i would def refuse to pay it

Back