• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

b12 injections

I.m 3 years out of gastric bypass and have regular blood tests through my dietician appointment. Im now b12 and vit d deficient and have to have b12 injections 3 times a week for 2 weeks and then every 3 months. Havent needed it before this and to be honest theres no difference as my energy levels have always been great.

I started mine yesterday 6 in 8 days :( I'm 14 months post op and never given them before, I don't have good energy levels am aneamic most of the time too , so can't wait for my burst of energy to happen ( hopefully ) x

I had mine in hospital and then 12 weekly, if you get low you might not have obvious symptoms and then have to have like the two ladies above intensive loading doses to get thing right. They are not nice injections so I would prefer once every three months rather than once a day!!!

Hi I had mine today! 3 months after my op. booked in for another 3 months. Have been a bit tired so I am hoping for done energy. It was ok, nurse said it will sting as it has to go into the muscle but it was ok.
Cutbacks in the nhs mean you have to get the injection on a prescription. I was to I will need this forever.

Hey everyone. I am 18 months post a gastric bypass. Recently been told I have pernicious anaemia due to low B12. I have to have 6 injections over the course of 2 weeks. Having my 5th one tomorrow. I'm still feeling tired. Can anyone tell me if my energy levels will increase?? I'm hoping so.
Thank you.
Stef.

Yes! Slightly different I know but my grandad had that & after the initial intense dosages he was like a wind up toy each month as he was due the next dose he'd get slower & more tired usually the week before once he had it he was like he'd been wound up to full power & could do anything.
Others on here who have the b12 jabs usually report after the initial loading doses they are fine just know when it's next due with subtle changes in their energy levels. Hope that helps.

My gpsaid to have mine the day i had my operation sites checked oneweek after bypass i have to have one every three months i have the ampules in my fridge and just have to make nurses appointment when due.my mam also when she had blood disease before leukaemia and they helped her. i didnot feel any different after the first one next one due 21st august will let you know if i notice anything

I'm due my 2nd post-op one on Monday but am not feeling any different to how I did just after I had the last one.

My mum had pernicious anaemia and they really helped her once her body started processing it properly

Back