• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

b12 injections

mazbrad

hi all just wondering when u all felt need to have ya first injection im only almost 4 weeks post op and my local doctors asking me to go and make appointment to have it this week, i was hoping to hold on till i felt i needed it within the first three months . so far i never felt tired or run down actually totally opposite im so full of energy. do u have to have it so early or is it optional? please advice me thanks xx

Last edited:
Why don't you want to have it?

Lynne x

Im 7 months out and not had any yet!Its usually when you are 6 months out you have your blood tested and if you are low they will give it.Some hospitals will do them as a matter of course.You can be feel ok but be low or feel ill and your levels will be ok.You can be as much as 30 points adrift of normal and they dont give it.

I had one three months post surgery and one a couple of weeks ago. I think they do me good. I feel energised and healthy after I have had one and the effect seems to last till the next one is due. I have a repeat prescription for one every three months and just have to ring my GP practice nurse to let her know when its due.
Lynne x

Mine are standard post op and started at 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I'm 12wks post op & not had any yet, but due to see the dietitian on late October & will have bloods done then to see if I need it although have had a couple of days lately when I've run out if steam but then a days rest has let me catch up with myself.
My grandad suffered from pernicious anaemia lack of B12 for him age relayed & he had his injections every 3mths & you could tell when he was due his next one as he would tire more easily from about a week before his next jab. So I am fully expecting to get the same effects from the op & jabs just another piece of the puzzle & part of the learning curve we are now on. But even with that possibility I'm so glad I did it.

I had one 13 weeks post op and one every 13 weeks after. I've had two so far and to be honest I never felt any different after them.

at the hospital where i had my surgery i was told it would be good for me to have it within the first 3 months post op...i just book mine for tomorrow, i am now 9 weeks post, sounds like every hospital has their own policy of doing things x

I am still feeling dreadfully tired after surgery 7 weeks ago. Just wondering if I need a B12 jab? Although WLSG have told me that I don't need it until 4 months after my op which will be December. I am going to my GP on Friday so will discuss with her and see what she advises.

Jxx

It is amazing how every hospital seems to sing from a different hymn sheet! :( I was told I would be given one immediately post surgery & then every 3 months for life. I am a pre op'er so it has not been tested yet but no reason to believe this will not be the case. :confused:

Going to see my GP next week for bloods and as far as I know the B12 injection. Could do with it, also have M.E so get tired anyway but I feel my legs are like jelly sometimes.

Probably a stupid question but is the B12 injection just a jab in the upper arm?

I had my first one at 7 weeks post op I'm due my next one in a couple of weeks, Karen x

Back