• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

baby food?

Grace

So, at last it is beginning to sink in and I'm trying to believe it...... My bypass will happen on Tuesday!

I'm just pondering on what I'm going to be able to eat post-op, especially in the first few weeks.
I'm planning on making some high protein soups, and the dietician also suggested egg custard, but I was also wondering:

has anyone tried ready made baby foods, and what would the pros and con's of using these now and then be?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

oh god they are gross, but my 7 month old seems to love them!
The pureed foods that i have made myself for her are nice thought, sunday lunches mostly, one for baby 2 for mummy now!
Ice pops go down a treat too Charis, you can make your own lollies from NAS squash when you fancy something sweet in the early days. I had thin soups to start with and yoghurts, then i went on to fresh soups, i must have tried every flavour going! I also have low fat custard and sugar free jelly.
xxx

My pct advises we do not eat for 4 weeks post op....oxos and fortimel or slim fast, and then go on to the baby food for a further 4 weeks, good luck Charis xxxx

Apparently there is insufficient nutrition in baby food.

According to the dietician at my local support group - theres never going to be enough protein in them and they are bland and bleugh.

My advice - don't prepare too much in advance - my tastes were very different post-op than pre-op and I still can't stand very sweet things - and buy a blender - we have a Bamix and its the only gadget we have ever used more than once.

I still can't eat eggs - and I'm 18 months out - I'd get some Marvel and possibly some Sanatogen protein powder (its bland and can be added to owt) and boost everything , milk, lattes, custard, mash, soup - if it 's liquid stick a spoonful in lol

Good luck you'll be fine

Angela xx

Thank you all very much for the advice.
I won't do too much, but if what I do make doesn't agree.....I have 2 starving hyenas at home (otherwise known as teenage sons!) :D

.....so nothing will go to waste!

I'll certainly be investing in some protein powder though!

oooo charis everytime i see that it makes me excited for you!! haha eeeeeek i quiet like homemade pureed sunday chicken dinner haha tho i do know there isnt enough nutrients in baby food x

baby food is designed for growing babies not wls patients, not good for us "grown ups"

there was a craze about it tho at one point....... crazy stuff!!

oooo charis everytime i see that it makes me excited for you!! haha eeeeeek i quiet like homemade pureed sunday chicken dinner haha tho i do know there isnt enough nutrients in baby food x

Thankyou Kelly. I'm getting excited now!

and thanks Liz. I'll stay of the baby food I promise! :)

I had a totally WONDERFUL strawberry smoothie tonght........

1/2 pint of milk, a vanilla muller light yoghurt, 8 strawberries and 6 chunks of ice all whisked up in the blender.........it made up to about a litre and a half!

flippin scrumptious!...........and really, REALLY filling!

highly recommended for when anyone has to go on the milk diet! :D

Back