• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Baby food????

tuu

Hi guys I'm sorry if this has been asked before which I'm sure it has.....I have just completed my MDT and have been approved for a RNY bypass which I am so excited about ...have just been reading the booklet that I was given about pre op milk diet but also about post op diet and was wondering if anyone has and recommends buying baby food jars for start after initial liquid diet ...I'm not thinking for all the time as I'm hopeing to pre cook and blend and freeze some foods before op but as a back up ....be interested to know your thoughts and experiences. thanks xx

That has crossed my mind also .. But was told that baby food is also very high in calories and doesn't have the right nutrition for adults ..
Would be so easy wouldn't it to grab a jar !
I've been told by my advisors that we are no longer on a diet. We eat good fresh food , nothing processed . We cook , we freeze , we are ready ..
Mindy
Xxx

I know of a friend who did go on the baby food route, but baby food is just that food designed for babies! Best to make whatever you like a freeze maybe that amount away

thanks everyone I guess just not enough nutritional value in baby food for us.....another question with the bypass I know if you have to much sugar you can end up with the unpleasant side effects of dumping syndrome...but what about sweetners and natural sugar like honey does that have same effect? xx

I had a discussion with my dietitian about baby food as I have found Ellie's organic pouches but was told no, as they don't contain any or enough protein.

Back