• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

baby food

pinkprincess77

Hi everone I was just wondering if it is ok to have baby food jars during the puree stage? I am 3 weeks today so I can start the puree stage and wondering if I can have the baby food meals (not puddings)

Hi Lynsey

This question comes up quite a lot. The general concensus is that as well as them not tasting very nice, they don't contain the right amount of nutrients.

They do sound ideal/convenient but I would avoid if you can.

Hi Lynsey

This question comes up quite a lot. The general concensus is that as well as them not tasting very nice, they don't contain the right amount of nutrients.

They do sound ideal/convenient but I would avoid if you can.

Thanks. I'm just a bit stuck for ideas and with there being ju a t me and my son I am sick of things getting wasted. I'm a bit fussy about making stuff and freezing it. I never use it once frozen lol

Can you make a meal for your son and just puree a small amount of that?

I see what you mean, how old is your son?

Maybe you could make his meal with a little extra (for you) and puree that? x

lol Mazza. Have to admit that's what I always did - I never cooked seperately for myself.

He's 7 years old. He is really fussy when it comes to food he wont eat any vegetables apart from sweetcorn. This is extremely annoying because when I weaned him I made all my own baby food and made sure he had every veg going I also gave him every meat and fish and he loved them. After a interfering ex husband told him he doesnt have to eat it. He won't :( ive even tried paying him to try new things which only worked once. The only healthy thing he does like is chicken fillets. Its so annoying because I didn't want my son to end up overweight like me. I have stopped buying sweets, chocolate and crisps but his dad constantly gives him the crap so I look the meany.

He's 7 years old. He is really fussy when it comes to food he wont eat any vegetables apart from sweetcorn. This is extremely annoying because when I weaned him I made all my own baby food and made sure he had every veg going I also gave him every meat and fish and he loved them. After a interfering ex husband told him he doesnt have to eat it. He won't :( ive even tried paying him to try new things which only worked once. The only healthy thing he does like is chicken fillets. Its so annoying because I didn't want my son to end up overweight like me. I have stopped buying sweets, chocolate and crisps but his dad constantly gives him the crap so I look the meany.
That's hard :( my daughter would eat anything, its my partner whose fussy and he just picks out what he won't eat. Can you hide the veggies, puree them into a sauce or similar?

Ive tried hiding and pureeing hes not daft lol. I'm gonna have to do something about him because I dont want him battling with his weight like I have

Its so hard when there is an outside influence like that! my SIL had the same issue as her husband eats pure rubbish (and is thin!) my nephew is 8 and has only just started eating healthier again and will now eat most things. She got him too by focusing on how much he likes sports and discussing an athletes diet with him then letting him help cook and choose some of what he had when they went shopping. if only the same thing would work for her husband.......

there are some fab tinned options which are ok on mushys like veg ratatoulie (spelling?) veggies in curry sauce. Also what about cauliflower cheese pre-done? tinned stewed meats?

I honestly think hes done it on purpose. He used to say to me he was safe with me because no one else who would want me . He's the one still single after 6 years says it all really. Anyway I think he's gonna play the same card on our son and say come live me because no one else will want you. Over my dead body that man is evil

oh god, he is like my ex then if he does things like that. Just be the better parent that you are being right now, your son will appreciate that far more in the long run!

I definitely think getting him involved in the kitchen is a good idea. Is it worth trying to get him a cookbook and cook some of the recipes with him?

Can I add my ex-husband to the nightmare ex/father.

Whenever my son stayed there he'd get rubbish like ice pops for breakfast and McDonalds almost every night. Fortunately my lad is a 6' beanpole so got away with it but so difficult when he would get home!

Can I add my ex-husband to the nightmare ex/father.

Whenever my son stayed there he'd get rubbish like ice pops for breakfast and McDonalds almost every night. Fortunately my lad is a 6' beanpole so got away with it but so difficult when he would get home!

Its awful isn't it. My son as even admitted that when he stops at his dads he gets up in the middle of the night and eats things out of his dads goody cupboard. When I told my ex to move them he just laughed. He now purpously fills him with crap before he fetches him home so he's hyper. Wuth the attitude of a 16 yr old

Its so hard when there is an outside influence like that! my SIL had the same issue as her husband eats pure rubbish (and is thin!) my nephew is 8 and has only just started eating healthier again and will now eat most things. She got him too by focusing on how much he likes sports and discussing an athletes diet with him then letting him help cook and choose some of what he had when they went shopping. if only the same thing would work for her husband.......

there are some fab tinned options which are ok on mushys like veg ratatoulie (spelling?) veggies in curry sauce. Also what about cauliflower cheese pre-done? tinned stewed meats?

I have bought irish stew in a tin and blended that and it was very nice. Ive also bought some corned beef stew tinned :). Its great tins last me at least 4 meals lol

Back