• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

baby food?

Audrey74

Hi everyone,

Im getting banded on Thursday and was just chatting to hubby about things to eat on the puree stage. He said "why not just get baby jars, less hassle".

Anyone tried this option? I remember liking the fruit and custard ones when my kids were wee.

Thanks
Audrey

I am not a bander, but you need good nutrients and there are not enough of those in baby food to support a whole adult body!

I used a blender and just mushed up regular food, it was lovely I can still remember the first puree mmmmmmmmm after weeks and weeks of liquids it was heavenly

Ahh ok. I thought they might be good as probably low fat & sugar etc. I figured pure if for babies.

Thanks better look out the blender!

Unfortunately they are full of carbs and not a lot of protein. If you need to in an emergency, the ella's kitchen are the best nutritionally, but if you've got the choice, make your own. Best to get in the right habits - post op is hard work.

Thankyou, i will try & be organised and do my own from scratch. Best as you say to start as you mean to go on.

Back