• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you start the puree stage?

Serapis Bey

Hey

I've notice that a lot of people start the puree stage on week 2.

Im a bit miffed because im on free fluids for 4 weeks, then go on to thin puree. Does any one else have to do this? Not sure if I can cope with soup and shakes for another 3 weeks :cry:

hi i had my op at sunderland royal and i was only on fluids for the first day after op then we were offred blended porridge for brerakfast and soup for lunch then had to stick to puree for 4 weeks but i even found this very challanging

I was under Mr Ammori in Manchester as he says 3 weeks free fluid then onto purees for 3 weeks then start introducing thicker puree and more dense foods....its not easy but it gives your pouch time to heal properly :D XX

Everyone is different,i only had fluids just after the op next day i had pureed food,jelly and soup.I was only on pureed for 2 weeks and can manage sloppy mashed,potato,fish,mince,soup.custard,jelly,eggs,beans and melba toast with philly or pate.Maz x

Back