• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back home post op

jaynefrances

had my bypass on Saturday and came home on Monday. All went to plan except that they decided to take my gall bladder out in the end so the op took a bit longer.
I've got post op blues. In lots of pain, mainly trapped wind which i am being assured will pass and generally feeling tired, weak and sorry for myself - but i'm pleased i made it through and each day gets a little better pain and mobility wise.
I'm anxious because i'm not able to eat and drink the quantities i've been advised to but i'm sure that this too will improve.
Thanks for everyones well wishes x x

Glad that all went well, Im sure the pain will pass and you will be delighted with the results in a few weeks time.

Well done on joining the losers bench. I found that a lot of my pain was due to wind and that peppermint tea and gently walking around the house eased it no end. I hope you are feeling better soon. Don't worry how much you are eating I didn't eat much for the first few days but it soon got easier.

Hopefully you will be feeling much better each day. Good luck xx

You will find it a struggle to get everything in during these early days. Keep sipping away little and often with your fluids and try to increase the amount a little everyday or every couple of days. I used to use a sports type water bottle about 750ml in size and keep this and a 2 litre bottle by me. I'd then top the smaller one up from the big one and and sip away at that aswell as my coffee. I found this as sometimes I used to be tired and couldn't be bothered to get up out the chair to refil my glass.

As the swelling goes down you will find it easier to consume your recommended amounts.

Hope things get better soon xxx

glad ya home jayne dont worry things will improve, we missed you at s.group hope 2 see u next month !

lottsa luv from

Liz xxx

Glad you're home safe and well.
Take it easy and I'm sure you will feel better soon x

Congratulations Jayne your now officially a loser :) lucky you that they took the gall bladder out at the same time, I wish they had for me, still got that joy to come :mad:

Back