• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home and Hungry

SazzyS

Hi e1, I've been home from my op a couple of days now all went well, thanx for all your good wishes and thoughts.

A couple of questions i'd like to ask though, firstly any one got any good ideas about the fluid diet, milkshakes and soups are getting boring already!!

Secondly I wasn't told on my discharge how long i've got to wait until i can bath and take my dressing off, how long did you all have to wait?

My pain isn't too bad apart from my left shoulder feels as i've trapped a nerve i hope it will go away soon.

Anyway here's to the beginning of a long lasting relationship with my smaller self.

Hi e1, I've been home from my op a couple of days now all went well, thanx for all your good wishes and thoughts.

A couple of questions i'd like to ask though, firstly any one got any good ideas about the fluid diet, milkshakes and soups are getting boring already!!

Secondly I wasn't told on my discharge how long i've got to wait until i can bath and take my dressing off, how long did you all have to wait?

My pain isn't too bad apart from my left shoulder feels as i've trapped a nerve i hope it will go away soon.

Anyway here's to the beginning of a long lasting relationship with my smaller self.

Hi and congratulations :D the feeling of trapped nerve is probably wind . It lurks up in the shoulder blade for some. I know from reading on here it can be bad, luckily I felt it but only slightly. I will try to find a post from Mrs Cakey Bun and bump it up for you.. she shows her xray after the op and you can see the wind trapped in the shoulder blade.
As for showring I took my first shower the morning after my op cos they used waterproof dressings.
Food wise I ate (and still do) Muller Rice and yogurts and blended normal food xx

HiYa, Just wanted to say welcome back.
Congratulations!!!
I am so pleased your Op went well for you and welcome to the losing side.
Not sure about your questions as I was Bypassed, But i'm sure someone will be along soon to help out.

hi sazz welcome back, im glad alls gone well for you, i mostly stuck to soups ect but you can freeze yoghurt as its lovely and has a nice texture, also a little low fat custard with mashed banana is nice.
oxo or bovril make a tasty alternative to tea or coffee.

if the dressing are clean dry and fully closed then it will be ok to leave the dressings off, if they havent fully healed you will need replacement dressings for the time being.
i would shower for the 1st couple of weeks at least as going in the bath steeps them and thats not good while the wounds are still knitting together.

the pain in the shoulder will be down to wind, take either gripe water or wind eze, movement is the best thing for recovery from this.

liz x

Hi Sassy

I've been having complan made with warm milk, and chicken flavour cup a soups and for the first time today managed half a small yoghurt, and have had a couple of teaspoons of icecream (I'm eating so little that I guess a little icecream won't hurt at the moment and it goes down easy)

as for the wind problem, none of the over the counter products have worked for me...I saw the nurse at our GP surgery on Friday because one of my wounds had become infected under the glue, and asked her advice on the wind...she recommended Peppermint Cordial in water (which goes down suprisingly well and seems to move the wind around)...gently massaging tummy, back, or shoulder area...and of course keeping moving.

I'm 6 days post op now and each day is getting a little easier, but I'm so looking forward to some mash and gravy after 2 weeks of liquids :eating:

Yvonne xx

Back