• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post op blues/anger......?

Natstar

Hi all,

I had my op on Monday and was allowed out of hosp yesterday, I went t my mums last night which was lovely purely because my bf hadn't finished decorating the bathroom so he needed to clean it before I get home.

Well I've arrived home tonight and I'm have serious post op blues/anger and find myself snapping away at him and I just want to cry. I keep finding fault with things in the house and am itching to just get up and tidy everywhere and sort things out. I'm getting annoyed that he hasn't thought to do certain things by the time I came home. And in all honesty he has been really good and managed To get the bathroom done by the time I got home and he has been up till midnight all week getting it done so he is just as exhausted as me!

I just mean is this normal to be so cross/ angry? The dog is driving me insane and my db is currently cooking his tea and I'm getting annoyed at the thought of him eating as well!

Argh what is wrong me?!?!?!

I just want to cry and go back to my mums and not see db which is so mean

Sorry for the ramble!

Yep. Totally normal. You'll be nice again soon lol

Aw Darlin :cry: Sorry you feel this way :wave_cry: I didn't have this but have certainly seen lots on here that have. It is your bodies reaction to the shock you have given it. If you still feel like this on Monday, ring your team to see if they can offer any advice, even if it is just to reassure you that it is a very common side effect ,,, take care, sweetie & be kind to yourself, your BF (& the dog) :) xxx

Thanks ladies, I can feel myself turning into a Physco lady lol and I just want my mum :-( lol

I have felt exactly the same my lovely and I'm 6 days post op. I feel 'menstrual'. I've had good days and bad days. Doesn't help that I'm in constant pain but hopefully it'll go soon.
My bf keeps saying he misses me cos I'm so removed at the moment.
Your body is going through a massive upheaval and adjusting. Normally when we feel like this we'd turn to food, now even that's gone so it can get very depressing. I found this forum very helpful and supportive. If you look at one of my threads titled 'psychological help' you'll see what I mean.
You're not alone with this my lovely, try remembering the reasons you've done this and your future happiness.
Good luck
Kelly xxx

I am like that now at 9 months post and hate it, wasnt too bad at the start was weepy though. xx

The meds they gave you won't have helped. I was and am the same after any surgery. Very surprised I haven't killed anyone yet!! It'll pass just try to stay calm.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back