• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Upper back ache 2 weeks post-op?

Hi

I'm almost 2 weeks out and doing well .... except for sever mid/upper back ache. I've never had this pain pre-op... Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks

Hi

I'm almost 2 weeks out and doing well .... except for sever mid/upper back ache. I've never had this pain pre-op... Has anyone else experienced this??

Thanks

I did have back pain (where the bra sits and up) but it was just muscle pain, just dull ache rather than sharp pain.. It lasted the whole First week after the op and part of the second week. But mine was totally because i slept on my back all the time and couldnt get too comfy. also my posture was not the best due to the wounds/cuts at the front.. But its completely gone now after i was able to sleep on my sides again.

But it might be something else for you.. If its not just muscle type of pain.

I did have back pain (where the bra sits and up) but it was just muscle pain, just dull ache rather than sharp pain.. It lasted the whole First week after the op and part of the second week. But mine was totally because i slept on my back all the time and couldnt get too comfy. also my posture was not the best due to the wounds/cuts at the front.. But its completely gone now after i was able to sleep on my sides again.

But it might be something else for you.. If its not just muscle type of pain.

Thanks for this Llora. Good to know I'm not the only one .... And I also have to sleep on my back which is just a nightmare! ? x

Thanks for this Llora. Good to know I'm not the only one .... And I also have to sleep on my back which is just a nightmare! ? x

Yes it is!!!! But you will soon be able to get more comfy and even on your side. I am 4 weeks post op and can sleepe in either side or stomach :)

I started with upper back ache yesterday. It's kind of where my boobs would be (if they were on my back). It doesn't hurt when I breathe in, and isn't constant - it's jsut bizarre normal movemments that trigger it. I'm thinking that as my tummy muscles are still really sore, I'm using my body in different ways so different things are hurting! Hope it's that anyway!

I started with upper back ache yesterday. It's kind of where my boobs would be (if they were on my back). It doesn't hurt when I breathe in, and isn't constant - it's jsut bizarre normal movemments that trigger it. I'm thinking that as my tummy muscles are still really sore, I'm using my body in different ways so different things are hurting! Hope it's that anyway!

I am the same bear! What was it ?

Your muscles are compensating and holding you up as your stomach muscles have been cut through and are healing. I had it across my shoulders too, it's just muscle fatigue.

Your muscles are compensating and holding you up as your stomach muscles have been cut through and are healing. I had it across my shoulders too, it's just muscle fatigue.

What was your pain like I am like a crippled old woman it's like a deep biting ache inbetween my shoulder blades , and across my bra strap area it's getting me down tried all sorts I see my consultant a week today for it x

I am the same bear! What was it ?

I can't even remember the pain now - October feels like a lifetime ago. As Kar says, it probably was just muscles having a move around.

It feels like you have been lifting really heavy weights and you have to keep adjusting your position due to the ache. Once your stomach muscles kick back in it will pass.

Back