• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back home

JOWOOD4

I have just arrived home having had my band done at 7 last night. I have to say it was a little more painful than I was expecting! I'm taking all of the painkillers the hospital gave me and I know it will pass. Just a little sore and feeling a bit sorry for myself.
Please tell me it gets better
JO

Not been banded but I did feel sore for a while.

Big hugs hun. xxx

Congratulations on joining the loosers bench. Wishing you a speedy recovery, hope the painkillers kick in soon for you.

it wil get better keep taking the pain killers the main pain will be wind as they inflate us during surgery and that can take time to disperse, movement is one of the best cures for a quicker recovery, please do not just sit or it wont get better try to walk even room to room as often as possible, it will get better i promise i know as ive had 2, hope you feel better soon x

Hi Jo
Yes it does, I would say the first 3 or 4 days are the worst, trying to get comfortable at home is no joke, keep taking the painkillers. I kept saying to myself, I have done more today and feel better than yesterday. I too felt down and had mixed emotions after the op, but that too will pass.
Best of luck, and keep in touch
Nicky

Hope you're feeling better this morning - it will get better and you'll be smiling very soon when the weight starts to drop off ! In the meantime take it easy and let your body recover.

hope things are a bit better today

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. You really are lovely people. I have washed, put my make up on and dressed up a bit (including the sexy white dvt stockings) so I'm looking like a human anyway. Pain is a little easier but doing the paracetamol, peppermint tea and walking - and enjoying daytime tv!!
thank you all again. I don't think you realise how lovely it is to get all of the replies. XXX

Hiya, glad you are up and about a bit today, and feeling a bit better, despite the lovely white stockings lol.
Hope you have a quick recovery and are soon feeling better xxxxxx

Back