• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

going back to work

Raynebubble

Hi just wondered if anybody had worried aout going back to work... im missing work... but just worried and i dont know why.

I work in a supermarket type shop and i work on a till from 8.30 until 1pm. my plan is to have my tablets as soon as i wake up, then get into work for 8.10 as i would normally and have my breakfast just before i start. my query is ...
would i need to speak to work to have a 15 minutes break halfway through my shift to have something to eat like a bit of banana or should i just work all the way through?
I will be on the second week of soft foods by then x

Last edited:
I work in a school so work from 08.30 - 11.20 when we have a 20min break then 11.40 - 1pm then 2 - 3.30 pm normal finish occasionally until 5pm for monthly dept meetings not forgetting the parents evenings etc.
I tend to nibble fruit at break then take a cuppa with me into lessons as well as my juice to sip sip sip. I also carry a protein bar so if I feel wobbly I can nibble on that as well. All agreed as part of my return to work interview. Initially I also carried a protein smoothie made from a 1/4 cup each of milk & 0% Greek yoghurt, fresh, frozen or tinned fruit a scoop of protein powder

If i were you i would speak to your employer and explain that fluids are really important and you will need to have a sports type bottle with you so that you can keep hydrated and WELL! Most employers will be happy to accomodate you if they realise it's not a fad and actually a necessity. Plus they'd rather do that than give you a break. But if you can negotiate a 10 minute break to have something nutritional and maybe work the extra time over then that can't be a bad thing.

I will warn you though that you may not feel ready to go back to work just yet. I was office based and at 4 weeks post op when i was doing fantastically well a wave of exhaustion hit me badly and i had to have another 2 weeks off. If you are getting full sick pay then don't rush back if you don't need too xx

If i were you i would speak to your employer and explain that fluids are really important and you will need to have a sports type bottle with you so that you can keep hydrated and WELL! Most employers will be happy to accomodate you if they realise it's not a fad and actually a necessity. Plus they'd rather do that than give you a break. But if you can negotiate a 10 minute break to have something nutritional and maybe work the extra time over then that can't be a bad thing.

I will warn you though that you may not feel ready to go back to work just yet. I was office based and at 4 weeks post op when i was doing fantastically well a wave of exhaustion hit me badly and i had to have another 2 weeks off. If you are getting full sick pay then don't rush back if you don't need too xx

im due to go back on 9th jan, so that will be 6 weeks xx

I am a Nanny and i was back to work 10 days after my op. I felt ok was slightly more tired as i was up and starting work at 7am but other than that i was ok, make sure you keep your fluids up and eat if you feel the need to.

thankyou i feel a bit more reassured... i will tell them i need my drink at the till and if needed i may need a break half way through my shift... and if i take a banana and leave it in our canteen, then at least i have something if i get a bit queasy... i will explain to them that this is vialfor my diabetis... im sure they will be ok... but i will pop in and see them after christmas and tell them im plannng on coming back on the 9th jan.. i will explain to them then x

Back