• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back to work

wsambrooke

I'm 12 days post op ... Went back to work today cope with 3 and a hours there as I'm a carer ... And was sent home .. Just feel like I'm never going to have the energy to go back and do a full shift ... I feel a little down as I feel I've let people down ... Hope I start to feel better soon ... Rant over

Hun you dont say what surgery you have had, but 12 days is probably too soon... ive had bypass and im having 6 weeks off work.... with most surgerys you should not really go back to work for 2 weeks after your surgery...remember it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to heal on the inside... you have to take things easy xx

Sorry hun ... I had the gastric band ...done on the 1st of dec ... I'm resting up now

Sorry hun ... I had the gastric band ...done on the 1st of dec ... I'm resting up now

cool, if your job is very strenuous then maybe you need some more time off xx

Yeah it is .... I'm resting of the rest of the week .. Thanks for listening to my rant x

Best wishes, wsambrooke, for a full recovery before you attempt to go back to work next time.

I don't know what the precise time scales for recovery after the band are, but 12 days does sound incredibly quick, especially for a job that is physical.

Back