• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back to work already!

elarkins

So tomorrow I'm back at work after two and a half weeks off!!! I'll be glad to get back to work as I have a much less chance of snacking but I'm still in holiday mode!! Not so looking forward to being go go go again....
How did others go getting back into work?

Hope it goes well

Good luck. Was tired the first week back but then the following week was like us never had an op! Just plan ahead and take your foods with you and you'll be fine! X

Had my op on the Saturday and was back at work on the Wednesday. Luckily I am office-based the majority of the time, so I didnt feel too bad. Took me about two weeks to feel 100% myself though. Take care not to be doing too much stretching/lifting in the very early days.

Like Jo said, if you plan your meals ahead it will really help you in your weight loss journey.

Before I had my op, I was often so busy I didnt have time to eat my lunch until say 3 or 4 o'clock. I definitely cannot do that now. I need to eat regularly otherwise my body/band tense up and I struggle to eat or get wind pains. Likewise I always have food in the car boot and in my handbag (even if it be a protein bar or a cuppa soup). I do not want the risk of being stuck in a traffic jam or at work/out without band-friendly food, otherwise I may end up making the wrong food choices and find myself on the slippery slope...

Good luck x

I agree with flutterby1966, plan ahead with food you are comfortable with and keep your meetings scheduled well after a meal!

flutterby1966 said:
Had my op on the Saturday and was back at work on the Wednesday. Luckily I am office-based the majority of the time, so I didnt feel too bad. Took me about two weeks to feel 100% myself though. Take care not to be doing too much stretching/lifting in the very early days.

Like Jo said, if you plan your meals ahead it will really help you in your weight loss journey.

Before I had my op, I was often so busy I didnt have time to eat my lunch until say 3 or 4 o'clock. I definitely cannot do that now. I need to eat regularly otherwise my body/band tense up and I struggle to eat or get wind pains. Likewise I always have food in the car boot and in my handbag (even if it be a protein bar or a cuppa soup). I do not want the risk of being stuck in a traffic jam or at work/out without band-friendly food, otherwise I may end up making the wrong food choices and find myself on the slippery slope...

Good luck x

Good tip fb of keeping emergency store in the boot if the car...this weeks action for me! Makes sense as I'm on the road doing a good 200 miles a day! X

Back