• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BAD EGG.

Mrs Quiggle

Oh for goodness sake, what next. Yesterday someone crashed into me on my way to work, dented the front passenger side of my car and couldn't care less as it was his works van. So I was up at stupid O'clock taking Tim to the station for his train at 6am so that I could have his car today. Didn't go back to bed for a couple of hours, cleaned the kitchen instead and put my Christmas cake fruit on to simmer in cider. Anyway, back to eggs. 8 O'clock and instead of having my usual ready brek I decided to try a softly boiled egg with a couple of crackerbreads for breakfast. Was beautiful, fresh from Henny Penny yesterday went down a treat. Just managed to eat a whole small egg. But... OMG 15 mins after eating it I felt awful and still do. I've felt sick all morning almost like it is sitting on my chest and wont go down. I chewed and chewed and felt fine at the time. I didn't have my mid morning snack and still don't feel right. I've managed a bit of Chefs beef casserole mashed up with some swede an a bit of mash and gravy and I'm no sipping iced water but still feel rough.

I love a boiled egg. I'm hoping that if I try one again in the new year I might be able to manage them a bit better. I'm gutted. :sigh:

Kate x

Aww hun you are having a rough few days, BUT You have started your new journey and that is the best luck ever xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi sweet, its so strange but eggs seem to do this to some people. I loved eggs before my op but have only tried one once since and i felt so bad that i have not had one since. Hope you feel better soon hun xxx

is it not too early for a boiled egg?? I know everyone is different but id await a few weeks then try again maybe xx

i hope you will be able to have an egg again as i love a nice chuckie egg now and again, xxx

Oh dear you are having bad luck :( I'm wishing better luck for you in the future. About this boiled egg - soft or not I would say that boiled egg would be too dense for you at the moment. Try a scrambled egg with a drop of milk in it, that is much lighter and easier to digest. Fingers crossed for you.

I tried an egg again last night, I only ate the yolk and struggled again.:cry:
Oh well try again next month :sigh:

Im still struggling with eggs 10 months out,used to love them cooked any way.Just about manage the yolk only now.Im same with fruit,veg and salad.Loved them and ate them daily,I cant remember when I last enjoyed a salad.

Does anyone else have days when everything they eat just makes them feel sick?

Kate x
Hi Kate, I'm 4 weeks today and I have to say the very thought if eating makes me feel sick! all of the pureed stuff that I have been eating really turns my stomach. I always feel sick after eating but not too bad tho. I think I eat too quick then feel stuffed! I'm desperate to eat proper foods. onto soft stage from today but I really don't fancy anything!

oh well.... it all takes time I suppose xxx

Kate x

I've had a few like this recently. It sucks doesn't it?

I can usually tolerate soft scrambled egg with a touch of grated cheese and a drop of milk. Its quite tasty and very filling. I can only manage about half before feeling full. Maybe the boiled egg was just not soft enough for you Kate just yet. Maybe just dip your cracker into the runny yolk for now.

I hope you are feeling better now x

Yes i have days like that - and eggs dont sit well with me either and i love them too - have only had loose scrambled but ugh it did feel like it was stuck in my chest - i am finding it hard to eat anything much at all at the moment xx

Kate x

Hi Kate, I'm 4 weeks today and I have to say the very thought if eating makes me feel sick! all of the pureed stuff that I have been eating really turns my stomach. I always feel sick after eating but not too bad tho. I think I eat too quick then feel stuffed! I'm desperate to eat proper foods. onto soft stage from today but I really don't fancy anything!

oh well.... it all takes time I suppose xxx

Hi Lynn i thought i was on soft foods from today, but was told i have it wrong and i am on soft foods from the starting of week five... so ive got to wait until 31st december!!! poo lol

Back