• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I had enough

daftmoo

Well I've had enough, surgery was meant to help me be happy and thin.
Had a bad day yesterday food wise, emotionally and told the ex he can have the Boys full time.
Why aren't I dropping the weight like everyone else? Why can I eat more then most people? Whats ther point in anything?
Sorry had to get it off my chest haven't stopped crying since 5 o'clock yesterday, stopped sleeping again, throw my dinner up last night through all the stress of whats going on in my life.

Hello flower. I didn't want to read & run I'm
Sorry I can't give u answers due to being a pre opper hon.
It's very early days for you,
Why don't you go back to the begining & write a daily food journal just to see what you are eating? I'm going to do this soon as I'm home from hospital wen ov had my
surgery . It may work for you. Sometimes it's not how much we eat but what we eat? Since getting
My funding & knowing I have that next important
appointment with surgeon I'm always trying to look at the food I'm eating.
Hope this helps a little. Good luck for the future, you can do this ...
Hugs xx

i've been writing a detailed journal since day 1 of my pre op diet, got food intake, sugar levels, blood pressure and measurements in it

Its hard to say how much any individual will lose in a given time, 35lbs off in less than 2 months is more than I lost at the start. Roughly the higher start weight the more that comes off initially. 285 is not one of the higher weights so I think 35lbs off is good even if it includes your pre-op diet weight. Everyone loses at differing rates. I never lost a stone a month other than the first month. It will come off in its own way and you sound as if you're doing all the right things to ensure that it does.

It sounds as if you have major stress in your life which makes everything seem hard. Take 5 and deep breathes it will come off.

Take care

M

There you go sue, pretty good advice from a friend who as been through this experience already. I didn't notice ur weight loss first time to be honest, you sue have done extremely well really you have. I hope wen I'm where you are I lose anywhere as much as you .
You are doing everything right. Like M said maybe life just seems hard/stressful right now.
Don't be so hard on urself give urself a pat on the back for how well u have done do far. Your going the right way; your losing weight not putting it on!
Give urself some T L C ;) .
Hugs xx

Why don't you share a typical day with us, including quantities, so we can share if you truly can eat more.

Its still early days post op, and most people have slow losses for the first few weeks due to swelling and water retention post op, and taking in so few calories on the liquid diet.

But the one thing that worries me is this -

surgery was meant to help me be happy and thin

Only you can control your happiness. Surgery won't make you happy, it won't make you thin either, it is a tool you can use to lose weight, but you have to put in the effort as well.

It sounds like you're having a hard time of things right now, do you have a good friend or anyone you can really talk things through with?

Big hugs :hug99:

hi sue im also not losing much weight now , dont beat urself up hun . it will comeof over time it has to as the amount of calories we are on is so much smaller than before the op . but for some reason our bodies just wantto hold onto the weight .. i to somedays findit hard with food esp if im having a bad day . the op fixed our stomach but not our brains hunni that will take time ..xxxx

im pre op so cant really help on the advice over weightloss etc but you seem to be having a real rough time of it, and i just want to say sometimes its best to take a step back and think 'right i need to try and chill and not let this get on top of me' if you feel like its all gonna boil over take that anger and frustration out on something else, go for a walk, (bonus on helping the wl) or go and chill out in a bath, just little things to help you before you feel like things are boiling up around you, i wish you well sweetpea and hope your feeling more calmer and happy soon... xxx

I'm really sorry your feeling down at the moment. But serious you need to look at the bigger picture! You've lost 35 pounds!!! More than 2 stone in a couple of months? I've learnt over the past 6 months happiness comes within. You cant make it or fake it. We all get down its human nature. Whats important is how we can pick ourselves up, dust it off our shoulders and strive forward to our next stage. Your still new post op, in another 2 months you'll start to notice more of a difference. Stay strong for you and your boys x

Can't add much more here except i agree with whats been said. You have done really well losing 35lbs in two months and as CCPM says if you are on the "lighter" side to begin with it will be less of a loss and probably slower to go. I'm off work just now with stress and although i feel so so good about me i quckly realised it doesn't take away my everyday worries. Its also difficult to break the habits of a life time when a lot of us turned to food for comfort, our bodies change but our brains are slower in keeping up. If you can make a list of what is worrying you or upsetting you and then concentrate in a priority order what ones you CAN do something about. Not easy i know but it helps me and even if its a small step then its still an achievement. Big hugs xx

hi daft moo,sue i know what your going through n i got big ears to listen with hun,you've got my number,ring me anytime n we can talk it might help hun,take care hun xx

Hi Sue, Again i'm sorry hunni i'm pre op and don't know the answer, but like people say firstly give yourself a huge pat on the back, you haven't taken the easy way out and not addressed your weight issue, no, you were brave and went ahead and had surgery....that in istself takes a strong person to realize you need to do something and go through with it!!
(or is that just me coz i'm chicken poop??)

It's only been two months as well, i know we somethimes see others that loose loads and loads post op, but we are all different.
It sounds like you are having a poopie time of thing emotionaly to boot, combine that with stress and feeling low anyway and what do us larger people sometimes do?

We comfort eat or fret about our weight, I dare say you might think you are comfort eating, but i bet you are not eating as much as you would have done before?

Please stop being so hard on yourself, you must realize you have come a long way, and it's still early days.
Like someone has already said, our tums are fixed, but our minds sure aint!!!

All the best to you my lovely, I reckon we will see a post or two in a few weeks saying "Whoop look at me today!!"
You can do this!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

I just wanted to say that it's really early days for you and at your stage I was regularly losing nothing one week then suddenly having a week where it dropped rapidly. Try to view the losses over a month rather than day by day. Also 35lbs is a really good start.

x

Are you crazy? You have dropped 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks woman... You are doing flabuless..... Seriously you cannot mark yourself against others losses, otherwise i should be devastated cos you lost more than me and i was a week n a half before you and i weighed more to start!

Seriously now daftmoo, stop being a daftmoo you are doing marvellously...

As for food, some days i just think WOW have i managed all that today? I guess we expect to live on next to nothing and surprise ourselves when we have a good day foodwise.

One thing all of you early post oppers need to remember (me included),,, if you don't put the petrol in your car, it just wont run! And my god do i wanna be a fat girl who can run :) xx

Hope you are feeling a little better :D We all get down sometimes and its no different after the op, after all like people have said it only fixes our tummies, unfortunately! Try and stay positive like Julie said you having done great! :D x

daftmoo you're still in the difficult 2 months post op period, I was so depressed during this time and thought I was eating waaaay too much and wasn't losing anything. I was eating much less than I was pre surgery and I was stalling in my weight loss but it did eventually start to come off.

Please go a bit easier on yourself, you've been through a major surgery and it will take time for you get into the swing of things post surgery. I'm 7 months post op and I'm just settling down into a proper eating and weight loss pattern.

Back