• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Having a bad night !!

debbieb

I am so fed up, having a bad night !!.. It's now 2.15 in the morning, and I have been sick 3 times already since I got in from work!!... What may you ask have I done to deserve this ?... Ate 1 crappy little piece of boiled egg , no bigger than a 5p ! .. Not sweets, not crisps , not fried food !!... Just a crappy little piece of boiled egg !!!.... Seriously if derby don't get this damned stretch sorted out I am going to loose it ... It will be 3 MONTHS on Thursday since my bypass , and I am just going round in circles ....has anybody else had this much trouble since there op ?.. Don't know how much sleep I am going to get tonight !! .. As I am writing this , I can feel myself about to be sick again, sorry folks I best go now . XX

Wow, sorry to read you are having these problems - especially 3 months post op. Can't really offer any advice because I haven't faced problems like that (yet!).

I presume you've spoke to your doctor to try find a solution?

How are you with liquids?

If you're booked n waiting on a stretch wouldn't it be better to have liquids/mushy? Some people struggle with eggs at anytime so I'd leave them as a last resort. Hope they sort you!!! X

Thank you people,
Yes I have spoken to my surgeon, it was him at 4 weeks that said I needed a stretch !!, but it just seems to be one thing after another always goes wrong, I.e , his secretary not booking the appointment for the barium swallow , having to wait , surgeon needed to look at the results, 4 phone calls to find out about when my stretch is going to be , surgeon in theatre, Surgeon on annual leave, surgeon has got 6 trays of paperwork on his desk , I am on his review list ........ The list could go on, I am so frustrated with the whole thing !!... Derby after care leaves a lot to be desired !!!!!

I cannot tolerate any form of egg post op , I would leave them alone for now. Eat what you know stays down whether its mush/soups ( not ideal I know but better then sod all , too keep ya energy levels up) , get on the fone and try and find out when they plan on seeing you, telling u that u needed a stretch 4 weeks post op and 3 months out your still waiting isnt sodding good enough.....give em some welly girly - Wishing u all the best xxx

Hope you get sorted soon, maybe try sticking with soups and really mushy foods for now, I no it must be hard and boring tho. Hopefully any day they will call u in for your stretch fingers crossed xx

Again thank you everybody,
As a rule my day consists of sloppy ready brek for breakfast, one or two yogurts during the day and a tin of soup later in the evening..,I have found out by accident that I can manage small slithers of cheese and the occasional bag of French fries or quavers ......and that is basically it ! , so I think it is mainly out of sheer frustration that I try and slip the occasional random different food in to see if I can tolerate it coz 3 months on yogurt and soup is so frustrating...but I have to ring the hospital back tomorrow, so If I get any news I will let you know. X

i am so sorry you are getting messed sround with your after care hapefully you should here something tommorrow, if the hospital isnt that far fromyou i would go there and see this secutary face to face good luck. xxxx

Last edited:
Oh bless ya...just want to send you big hugs xx

Well, here goes the start of this weeks round of phone calls !! ....I have phoned derby for the first time this week, and, surprise surprise , she will go and check the surgeon's desk to see if he has looked at my notes and ring me back !! ... That was two hours ago.....can anybody offer any advice coz I am seriously getting p**sed off with this now ...

Thank you, x .....fed up doesn't even come close to describing how I feel, but I really don't know what to do next ! ...

get back onto your gp and c if he can get in touch with your surgeon hurry things on a bit if the hospital don't reply to you x good luck petal x

I don't really know what to suggest other than keeping on at GP/surgeon, but by the sounds of it your doing that anyway - sending love and luck your way x

Last edited:
Back