• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad News......

MelD

Hi all,

I was due to have my sleeve op today, and I got to the hospital onyl to be sent home again! I have a been suffering with a chest infection for 1 and a half weeks and I thought it was better - but apparently not! :cry:

I now have to wait to get another operation date and go through the pre-op assessment and diet all over again! Not a happy bunny! :wave_cry:

oh Mel, that's such a shame. it won't be long until your new date comes around, but until then stay positive.

xxx

Oh Mel, I am so sorry to hear your bad news :( but it is better to be in good health when you have your op, it is a real pain that you have to go through the pre op diet again.

Keep your chin up, you can do it and it will all be worth it in the end

xx

Gosh Mel, you must be gutted, honey ... :cry: But ... you need to give yourself the best opportunity of coming through the op safely & chest infections are not safe when intubating. Really feel for you, sweetie xxx :wave_cry:

I am so sorry but on the positive side it is better to be safe than sorry , it is so easy for chest infections to hinder your recovery your time will come again x

Oh hun so sorry, did you tell them about it or did they pick it up, hope new date comes around soon x

Oh my..I'm so sorry to hear about this...It has to be so disheartening for you :(

I truly hope that another date comes around quickly for you.

Take Care:hug99:

Andy x

Hi all,

I was due to have my sleeve op today, and I got to the hospital onyl to be sent home again! I have a been suffering with a chest infection for 1 and a half weeks and I thought it was better - but apparently not! :cry:

I now have to wait to get another operation date and go through the pre-op assessment and diet all over again! Not a happy bunny! :wave_cry:

So sorry to hear that Mel, I hope you get a new date soon hun x

oh mel i really am truely sorry after all your hard work with the pre op diet. dont get to dissapointed like a few have mentioned a chest infection while going under can be really dangerous when you are wakeing up, you stay strong as we are all here for you hunny.

This is awful news for you, but your recovery would have beens severely hindered and they just wont take the risk.

Maybe it worth contacting them and asking to go on the cancellation list, they have already done the pre ops etc so they might have something earlier for you.

Chin up, there's plenty of room over here on the losers bench and we'll keep it warm for you:):)

Awww what a bummer :( so sorry mel xxx

from me phone :D

Oh Mel, so sorry to hear that.... I am sure they will get you back in soon x

Oh Mel I understand how you must feel.
Im due for my op next Tues, everyone seems to be sneezing and coughing around me....I feel like waring a mask. lol

Hope u get a new date soooon xx

Hi all,

Its a shame that a pesky infection held things up but its for the best as it would only have put you at greater risk. When I get chesty problems/colds etc I take multivitamins and zinc (boosts immune system) and follow all usual advice such as keep warm/drink plenty fluids and let body do its job. Might not hurt to have a chat with GP especially if its a productive cough.
Hope you recover and get new date soon.

Back