• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Operation cancelled for the third time

MelD

Hi all,

I went into hospital yesterday ready for my op. Got there at 7am, only to be told at 2pm that my op had been cancelled again!

My first op was cancelled on the day due to a chest infection, although I did pre warn them about it.
My second operation was cancelled due to the fact of admin error, they didn't check my notes properly and they saw that I may have an allergy to silicone. Went for allergy testing - am not allergic.
My third operation was cancelled due to no beds on HDU due to an emergency.

I am not a happy bunny. Very frustrated, annoyed and upset. I don't know how many more times I can stand doing the pre op diet or how much more emotional stress I can take!

Melx

omg no :( oh honey i really feel for you, i really really hopeyou get this op quickly xxx

Oh Mel that's rotten, I really hope it's your turn next. Have they given you a new date. I'd start kicking up a bit of a fuss after being cancelled for a 3rd time. Maybe they will put you first on the list next time.

Kate x

so sorry you have been dissapointed so many times. good luck hope you get a date through soon xxx

Oh no I don't think I would have been able to cope with the stress once would have been hard enough. Hope u get sorted very soon xxxx

So sorry this has happened to you, Mel :( you must be very upset at the prospect of yet another pre op diet :( contact Pals within the hospital as even though there were good reasons for the cancellations, having them on your side may get you an earlier date for your op. Good luck, sweetie xxx :wave_cry:

Thank you aall for your kind words.

I have been given a new op date and promised that I will be first on the list this time, but I am not going to hold my breath!

I hate being on this pre op diet! I am sick of ww soup and milk. All I want to do is eat a baguette with ham and cucumber!

I did consider contacting PALS, but the one time my dad did to ask a question, his doctors nnearly struck him off! I don't want that to happen, so wi.l just have to try and keep calm. The management team do know sbout it though. It wasn't flagged up before, but it has been now.

Gutted for u Hun :( its a hard frustrating journey with out even more added hurdles chin up hope ur op is soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

MelD said:
Thank you aall for your kind words.

I have been given a new op date and promised that I will be first on the list this time, but I am not going to hold my breath!

I hate being on this pre op diet! I am sick of ww soup and milk. All I want to do is eat a baguette with ham and cucumber!

I did consider contacting PALS, but the one time my dad did to ask a question, his doctors nnearly struck him off! I don't want that to happen, so wi.l just have to try and keep calm. The management team do know sbout it though. It wasn't flagged up before, but it has been now.

Good luck with your new date xxx

And that was disgusting what happened to your dad. We all have the right to complain xxx

Hi all,

I went into hospital yesterday ready for my op. Got there at 7am, only to be told at 2pm that my op had been cancelled again!

My first op was cancelled on the day due to a chest infection, although I did pre warn them about it.
My second operation was cancelled due to the fact of admin error, they didn't check my notes properly and they saw that I may have an allergy to silicone. Went for allergy testing - am not allergic.
My third operation was cancelled due to no beds on HDU due to an emergency.

I am not a happy bunny. Very frustrated, annoyed and upset. I don't know how many more times I can stand doing the pre op diet or how much more emotional stress I can take!

Melx
I am so sorry for you hope it gets resolved very soon xx

Poor you! Hope 4th time is a charm hun x

Really feel for you. How devastating for you. Hope all goes smoothly now, you SO deserve it to be.

X

Wow that is very harsh! I am dreading the possibility of it happening to me once! Good luck with number 4 xxx

Back