• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

baked beans?

christine77

dont know why this question has popped in my head but i adore baked beans especially with cheese can i eat beans after my op? have never seen anyone mention them in their food diaries

Yea I think you can when you start on proper food again but like Angela said you have to watch the sugar content..they do low salt and sugar ones now though :D XX

Yes you can. I eat beans all the time with no problem. and they are a great source of protein. :)

Ive had baked beans and omlette for my tea tonight the beans had 0.5 fat and 5.1 sugar so are ok. Hope this helps.

Charmaine

i eat baked beans quite a lot and im ok, but you can get them low sugar/salt as well

I am now 8 months post op and can only now manage to eat approx 1 tablespoon of baked beans. They just made me feel very sick - although stopped short of dumping. Ithink like with all foods its trial and error - and if it doesnt work this time try again in a few weeks.

Beans make me dump, but I appear to be sensitive to sugar - have got some low sugar ones in case I have them again! xx

i eat beans all the time.
and heinz have started making a much smaller tin now too, you have the full size 400g, half size 200g and now they do a mini 150g tin....perfect!

wow, we were told to eat baked beans with grated cheese on pretty soon post op - think it was at two weeks, and its still part of my weekly diet... don't fear the beanzzzzzzz ... just chew them to a liquid :)

I love beans with paprika mixed in x

Beans beans are good for your heart, the more you eat the more you...yes, I eat beans and I love them. :D
Steph xx

dont know why this question has popped in my head but i adore baked beans especially with cheese can i eat beans after my op? have never seen anyone mention them in their food diaries

I've had a band and I eat baked beans ... especially for breakfast .. the smallest tin with 1 slice of wholemeal thin sliced toast - no butter. Yum and a good protein source. :)

Talking of baked beans... it's a good few days since I have had any appetite.. and my friend has come to sit in my bedroom with me tonight... hubby is working until midnight... and for some reason... I felt hungry and fancied baked beans... I keep the low sugar baked beans in my larder, I've just eaten a whole tin to myself! No toast just the beans nicely warmed...

Goodness me... at least I've had loads of protein tonight!

Love and hugs xxx

I Love beans too, and thankfully I dont dump on sugar in food just liquids, but I did buy some small tins of Asda's beans & sausages and they were aimed at kids so to me they were a bit bland as the salt and sugar content were low, and I Love salt, (I know its bad but hey!!) so if you find you are sensitive to sugar give these a go before giving them up!!

Back