• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat surgeons on really on demand

lisa35

Been watching this program and they go straight to purée food after surgery but one I watched said he ate rich tea buiscuits if he was hungry later in the day that was at purée stage. Ok I'm new to this but that to me seems a little strange, this same man on day of surgery said he couldn't wait to eat a cheese and bacon baguette from his local cafe.
I'm still on liquids and the only thing I've been thinking about food wise is when I can eat mash and some cheese with beans and corned beef with tomatoes.
Not that I'm hungry at all think head hunger is worst.

Not seen the program but that sounds to soon, I was on liquids for week and im not on very runny food, then thicker puree for 2 weeks then mashed up food for 2 weeks, so its about 7 weeks before im even allowed to start on solids!

This program follows the team at St Richards, Chichester. They are a highly respected team, and as a patient I cannot fault them.

Different providers have different pre and post op eating regimes. This tends to be based on there own research, and there is no universal right way.

At St Richards, we were on puree 24 hours after the op. On puree for 4 weeks, then softs for 4 weeks. And yes, rich tea biscuits are allowed as part of the puree.

Back