• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only baked beans and yogurt are safe!!!

Montana

Everything I've eaten over the last few days has come back with a vengeance within a few minutes of eating it :( The only food items that don't have that effect are baked beans and yogurt but I can't live on those forever!

I tried to eat some cod tonight and that came back. I had some vegideli burger bites at lunch, they came back. Yesterday I tried egg, that came back. Half a mini pitta with hummous came back, it's driving me mad!

I've eaten all these foods since my op and they've been fine, it's only over the last few days that they've started causing me a problem :(

Should I go back to liquids for a few days and give my pouch time to settle down?

H xx

if youve eaten those things before mayeb youve got a bug, but since your op your extra sensitive? id go back to liquids...as long as you can keep them down xxx

Hope you feel better soon hun xx

Yup, a couple of days on liquids before you try again. Think about how small your pouch is and imagine it swollen through vomiting, it's not surprising that you're struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

hope your better soon hun, you prob have a bug xx

Cheers peeps! I've had a slimfast and that went down ok thank god. Will do a couple of days on liquids, couple on puree and so on and so forth and see how it goes!

H xx

Hi Hannah, glad to hear you are managing to keep stuff down a bit better. I'm still in the early stages and had my first bout of sickness yesterday - which was horrible, so my heart goes out to you having to cope with that repeatedly!
The diet sheet I was given at the hospital says that sometimes certain things won't agree with you, but if you try them again at a later date they may be fine. I hope this is the case for you if anything that 'revisited' you was a favourite.

I don't think I'll be trying carrot and coriander soup again in a hurry though!

Good luck x

Are you vegy Hannah?ifnot get some tinned minced lamb with mash or Irish stew.Cottage cheese with mash and grated cheese on top.Hope your tum settles soon.Maz x

get well soon lovely xxx

I am Maz yeah, although I started eating fish cos i was struggling to get enough protein in! I've had lentil soup today with a slice of burgen bread ripped into tiny pieces and put in it to make it so mega soggy. It was like eating a really thick soup by the time the bread had disintegrated, seems to have gone down ok and satisfied me much more than the slimfast I ended up having yesterday!

Never thought of mixing cottage cheese with mash, will try that tomorrow ta! :)

One thing I did realise earlier is that the last two days that I've been sick, I forgot to take my omeprazole, could that have caused the sickness?

H xx

I am Maz yeah, although I started eating fish cos i was struggling to get enough protein in! I've had lentil soup today with a slice of burgen bread ripped into tiny pieces and put in it to make it so mega soggy. It was like eating a really thick soup by the time the bread had disintegrated, seems to have gone down ok and satisfied me much more than the slimfast I ended up having yesterday!

Never thought of mixing cottage cheese with mash, will try that tomorrow ta! :)

One thing I did realise earlier is that the last two days that I've been sick, I forgot to take my omeprazole, could that have caused the sickness?

H xx

ooh you prob hit the nail on the head hun.... the omeprazole and lazaprozole which im on...they line your stomach xx

Back