• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New here, gastric band op 12th June 2012

lolalou

Hi,
I have no idea how to use this site but am taking great comfort reading everyone else's posts.
I have my op booked in at Dolan park on the 12th June and am currently doing the pre op diet. Not sure if I am doing it right but I am starving! And really struggling not to tackle my partner to the ground when he is having his tea!
Would love to know if I am doing this right
Thanks

Welcome! You don't say what you're pre op diet is? If you're sticking to the diet sheet then you should be x

Hi, I am just following what was in thg booklet of milk now, I thought three slim fasts a day would be ok too but then realised that has carbs and higher calories so I have switched to the milky coffees and I've taken to blending a glass of milk with ice just to spice it up a bit! I've lost the five pounds they advised me to but know that's no excuse to start slipping. But I did have a small jacket potato last night with a small portioned chicken :-/ not exactly binging but felt guilty none the less less

Thanks for replying I must be pressing the right buttons here if you can read it!

Hello! I'm having a band there on the 15th. Got sooo much work to do at the moment but can only think about the operation. Hope all goes well for you...not long now. Exciting!

I am so excited and nervous too, I had hoped to get it done on the NHS but they couldn't help me due to the postcode lottery so I am paying myself, that in mind I wish I had done it years ago!! I've terrified myself reading reviews online but know I would regret it massively if I didn't do it. Wears hoping to improve my pcos to conceive so we have very very high hopes for my op :)

Just keep on glugging that milk! I remember it like yesterday! Try not to get off track, whilst this is all about shrinking your liver there is the added bonus of weight loss too! It's a great kick start to the new you :) x

Thanks, I think I would rather do the1000 calorie diet than this! That's three weightwatchers meals! So hungry right now! Less than a week to go though. I'm loving reading everyone's diaries and comments on here! X

Hi Lolalou, welcome! I'm Sasha & I'm just waiting to get my Op date. I too am going for this for help with my pcos, Diabetes & wanting to have a family. We'll get there one day! This sight will help you immensely...good luck on your journey & keep us informed, all the best now x

Welcome. Stick to the pre-op milk diet. I did it ... Slim fast, milk, muller lights and lost 13lbs in two weeks. The thing I missed was chewing food, so I had cucumber to nibble on. After the first couple of days, the hunger feeling will decrease. Stick with it, as it's a great start to prepare you for your op and your new post-band, slimmer, healthier lifestyle. Good luck :)

Thanks everyone! And good luck Babalon, I hope we are both successful in having a family! That's the main reason for me doing this now, I don't want to wait any longer!
I went to bed starving and woke up starving :-/ but when I got weighed I was very excited to find I'd lost 9lbs since Thursday. I went to tell my partner and then got back on and had put 3lbs back on!!! Think my other half broke the scales when he fell out of the shower at the weekend :-( argh! But still six pounds is still more than they asked me to lose. So I will keep at it. Think I will nibble carrots to keep me going. It's going to beard now I am going to work today.
Thanks for everyone's replies x

yehhh more banders xx welcome n good luck xx

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm very nervous!and extremely hungry. Just drove two hours home ridiculously excited about getting my yoghurt!! And good luck Babalon! I really hope we are both successful on our quest! X

Thanks for all the replies, it's helping settle my nerves! And good luck Babalon! I hope we are both successful in our quest for babies! That's my main reason for doing this. I'm really struggling with the milk and yogurt diet. But just realised I am six days in to it and only have five days left. Maybe only four as the last day I will be fasting. X

Back