• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Aid!

gc028

Hello I've been reading on here some fabulous journey stories and reasons for having the band! The stories of numerous diets tried before, the heartache of being a fat-child-teen and now adult all resonate with me so much. This is such a supportive environment I feel blessed to have found this app.
I am 43 and I was banded on 28th Feb 15 in Manchester.

Fat kid, bullied at school. Lost weight, gained weight, numerous diets and still fat at 43. The joyous years of yo yo numbers on the scales. My mother called me fat from as early as I can remember...that's another story but my obsession with food stems from my childhood. I eat when I'm happy or sad for any occasion I could justify it!!
I have a very supportive hubby who gave me the money to self fund, he has loved me at any weight I truly know that. But he knew how unhappy I was at 19st 4 before I started the pre-op and since then have lost 4st. I'm happier, I'm exercising, mentally 100% better, food is not in control of me anymore, I don't dream of the food binges I am going to have or where I can get my next fix.

So far, so good! Onwards and downwards xx
Gx

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and well done on your loss so far :)
I'm sure there are loads of banders on here to give you hell and advice!

Hi gc I'm really pleased you have had suck great success and been given the chance to get yourself where you want to big! Good luck with the rest of your journey x

Welcome and good luck

Another 2lbs off this week! Happy Days! I don't care if it's slow it's coming off and staying off! Xx

NSV so far:
Able to do my seatbelt on the plane
Wearing jeans for the first time in years
Having photos of me in them instead of just hubby and the kids on them!
Wearing knee high boots that aren't wide fit.

Even though I have a way to go, i am beginning to feel normal.

I love my band! X

The NSV are so important, better than the numbers for putting a smile on your face. Well Done.

Back