• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Fills

baby jayne

Hi Everyone....on this fine sunny day
Could you advise me please about band fills?
I had my Op 10 days ago and the x-ray dept have just rang me to give me a date of the 26th June for a fill....now I will only be just under 5 weeks post-op is this too soon? I am still not hungry but I know I probably will be by then.
And also when I have that fill I go away 2 days later with my Sister for a little 2 night break...will I be on liquidised food again or with I be able to eat normally but have to chew more?

If I don't accept this date the next one is 2 weeks later on the 10th and I don't want to undo the good work by putting on weight...my main aim is to lose weight for my holiday in September so wouldn't want to spoil myself postponing fill if uneccesary...I seem to remember reading that band fills are much later on than 5 weeks though?

Hi Liz

were you banded at Dolan Park? I can't remember :eek: but have a couple of questions for you if you were :D

The common time frame for band fills is 6-8 weeks, I had my first one at 8 weeks. 5 weeks does sound a little early but maybe thats how your provider does things.

My surgeon like me to stick to sloppies for 24 hours after a fill. But each provider is different.

Hiya just had mine at 4 and a half weeks post op and was told to stay on liquids for 3 days then soft food for 3 days then 'normal' food (except chicken, meat and bread)

Thanks everyone for your advice, I am going to postpone it a further 2 weeks from the 26th think it will be the 10th July. That way I will be just under 7 weeks post-op.

Back