• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

band foods

serenitylove

right im looking for ideas for foods that work really well with the band so what ones do you favour , i tend to eat alot of casserole but it gets tedious every night as i dont like fish so guys what do you have?

easy foods for me are wet foods at the moment but the only problem with that, is the wetter the food the more you can eat allowing more calories to be consumed. Tomorrow i will be making a spag bol, i will eat that in a bowl with out pasta and just a light sprinkle of cheese for taste, i also like to make a low fat chilli con carni, i have that also on its own no rice. some times its handy to freeze and is nice on a jacket spud but i dont eat the skins.
home made low fat curry is also nice as well, veggie curry is very nice on its own if the veg is nice & soft, again no rice.
thats just a few suggestions to try as they work for me.

liz x

cheers liz i like spag bol not so much chili tho can i ask why not potatoe skins? i tend to make up stuff and freeze as it stops me overeating i dish it up just after dinner when im not hungry lol if i feel im midway at the moment i dont have full restriction yet but i think im only one fill off as alot of things now are to painful to eat

if you havent got full restriction then you may be able to manage the skins, some people can, and the ones that have difficulty is because if its not chewed properly it sticks in the band hole causing discomfort.
Jacket potato is my saviour as they can be eaten with many different fillings so i tend not to get bored with them, i like spag bol, or beans or even a bit of veggie curry with mine, i find cold fillings like tuna & low fat mayo more filling and get full off a smaller portion.
Next week when i have more time im going to make a big pan of winter broth full of lots of nutritious veggies, and portion it into small tubs so its handy just to defrost and heat up when i fancy it.

liz x

ooo i forgot to say another fav of mine is scrambled egg on 1 slice of nimble toast with tinned tomatoes yummy !:eatdrink051:

Back