• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band issues

magicbeans

no longer obese!!
Need to vent.

Be careful of providers, they are salesman thats it. i went in to see mine in march 2011 wanting a balloon and he told me to get a band. so i forked out 8k for it.

i lost a bit and through my own self i put some back on. i felt i could do better without the band (wrong!) so asked for it all out. he said fine but i will pile it back on as u have a weight issue. and advised a sleeve. Kerching; 9k please. i said well let me see how i get on

started putting weight back on; went to see him and said ok u were right i shouldnt have had my fill out. so he put 4.8 back in (was 7.7ml at optimum restriction). however said no not interested in the sleeve will give the band another go as it does work

went back to see him as the 4.8 is like having no band. firstly saw the admin nurse who was very supportive and advised me to keep busy and gave me a timer to help with food.

went in to see the surgeon and he said; u said no to the sleeve and i knewud put it back on etc etc. had a go at me; fair enough deserved. thought shut up and take it cos u want the fill. so i went on the bed and he put in a measely 0.8ml! i asked for the full amount back to what it was but he said no. told me to sit down. i sat down and repeated how i wanted 7.7 but he said 'we are not having this conversation; if u want to have more go to a different provider' he gave me water which i gulped down in huge sips no problem. again NO RESTRICTION! he said no there is restriction its ur fault; u just want something to stop u eating i can do that but u will end up in hospital with sever dehydration as u cant swallow ur saliva. he continued to patronise me for eating badly (hello u have obese patients; we didnt get here by eating fruit and veg only!) - i was aware i ate badly but wanted a fill so i could knuckle down with a tool that worked.

he saud no; come back if u want but im not putting more in as the muscles around the band are thicker bla bla and need to do it slowly.

so annoyed as costs over £30 every time i go.

so so annoyed. he is pleasent as long as u are interested in his services. as soon as u are not. u are a fat lazy person who needs to know ur place.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the vent; but i just got back from a freezing trip to london and am p**d off

I can understand you're annoyed with how things are going for you and your need to vent and I hope that you will get it resolved in a way that you need to.

I have the same provider and have had no issues or problems with them and as such certainly haven't felt or experienced that they/he is just nice as long as you are interested in his services - (altho we see on here that different people have different expeiriences with each provider) however they are one of the providers who do insist on filling at small increments, and I know this was explained to me early on ahead of surgery and my own fills, in a similar way their guidelines in terms of liquid/mash etc are also at the longer end of the scale compared to a lot of providers.

Hope that you get this sorted to however you wish it to.

Kat x

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time, I'm with the same provider too and have so far encountered no probs with them . Hope you work it out, and I suppose it is better to have less restriction than be in pain. Good luck Hun x

sorry guys; i was so so annoyed with him. he treats me like crap. booked into see a nurse on 5th feb. cant be dealing with his patronising ways.

want a barium swallow to see if i have other issues which are effecting lack of restriction. but apparently only he does them.

Hi hun

Sorry to hear your not happy with your provider - however please be aware that providers can and do visit this forum.

With this in mind I am removing the name of the surgeon from this thread and would ask others to refrain from posting their name.

Any problems let me know.

I'm sorry that you feel that way towards him, but I'm glad that you're not giving up. Despite what happened, heading to see the nurse and to follow it up is a good thing and hopefully will get you back on track.

Sometimes it is hard when such strict guidelines are in place with a provider, I have a 2 hour round trip for my fills and when its less than a ml it can be frustrating in having to take that time out of work (for which I don't get paid) plus petrol etc, but, the guidelines they set and work with are there for good reason, but its frustrating from our side when we just want things to work.

Have they given you some guidance in the meantime in relation to what foods etc you're eating? Or will that be something they will look at when you go back? Do you log on mfp or something cos that can help too?

Back