• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Met the first british teen to have a band

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Was in my local pizza hut last night (having a kids spag bol lol) and the waiter asked why I was having a kids meal so I told him I'd had a bypass and couldn't eat much. He said "I've had a band", I laughed as he was so thin but he said no its true. He explained he was the first british teen to have a band in 2006 at 16yrs old weighing 21stones.
The BBC followed his life from 12yrs old whilst he did ever diet, went to fat camps in Leeds etc and when he was 16 a top surgeon in new york (who trained shaw summers) agreed to give him a band. He lost 13st in a year and a half and now is going to have a defill as he needs to put on some weight.

and he works in Pizza Hut! Funny old world. You must've had an interesting conversation with him though.

How did the spag bol go down? I tried some ravioli yesterday and that went down lovely and felt like I'd have a proper meal. I'm still playing it very safe.

How interesting. He sounds like he has done so well. Brave guy working in a pizza restaurant.

That's amazing. He seems to have battled and conquered his food demons to need to be able to work there and need to put on weight. Maybe doing it so young is actually a bonus when it comes to retraining the brain how to eat, I'm sure he thinks so, getting to live a normal life and still be a teenager. Good for him :)

Well if he is anything like me (bander too) he wont eat pizza pasta etc. I was advised to avoid them post op so I do.

To me pizza smells greasy - not appetising at all.

He is such a lovely guy I even told him my pre op weight which even my husband was shocked at lol
He confessed choc is his downfall now and yes he does eat and still loves pizza but said he just chews chews chews.but he said he eats quite a lot (for someone with a band) but isn't putting on weight so he knows he needs a defill.

Nelly - I've had pizza and its fine it just takes ages to eat so I don't bother. The spag bol slid down fine which I do it would. I handle all foods lol

Back