• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band or Balloon

natashayannis

Hi,

I have been looking into these options and posted a question earlier which was replied to about the PCT, I looked and Bexley do the NICE guildlines, when looking at the guildlines it says over BMI 35 but must have other problems like high blood and that, thing is I am 35.9 but as far as I know I don't have any other problems, except I do feel depressed etc by my weight, can't seem to stop putting it on latley.

Will my doctor even consider me ??

thanks
natasha

id say your best bet is to talk to your dr babe if your weight is strongly linked to emotional eating he may suggest councelling instead find a dr who knows you well

Hi,

Some pct's will accept depression as a co-problem, but not many. They are looking for things like diabetes, arthritus, weight related pain, blood pressure etc. You'll need a supportive GP and probably will need to do some research to show that weight loss will have a positive effect on your depression and show potential costs of treating your depression for life (pills, counselling etc).

Good luck :)

Back