• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banded 1st July - THG Dolan Park

workbear35

Hi all,
Well I have been banded on the 1st July! 2 days into recovery and doing well. Have had some difficulties with wind pain in chest and shoulders. Feels painful to swallow. No sickness or difficulty swallowing but shallow breathing.
Has eased off a bit today so hoping tomorrow i will be even better!
I think I am still in a little bit of denial that I have done this!
I don't feel hungry in the slightest!?
In the brochure it says I should be having shake for breakfast, smoothie as a snack, soup for lunch, another snack in the afternoon, soup or shake for dinner and whole milk coffee later!
There is no way I could fit all of that in at the moment!
When did everyone start eating more calories after op?
I'm only managing 200 at the moment!
Claire x

It will become easier as the swelling goes down and the appetite returns. Focus on sipping fluids often to keep yourself hydrated ... That's really important. And welcome to the losers bench :)

Well done on the start of your new life, it'll all come together I promise you. Keep looking at this site for answers to your question, you'll find plenty of advice. I too couldn't eat as much as I should've initially, but it all comes together. 'Wind Eaze' was my best friend for a few weeks! ; ) x

Thanks all! Feeling ok, but still got sharp pain when swallowing at the moment. No problem swallowing and keeping stuff down just uncomfortable! I'm hoping this is normal and will pass!

I have no idea what level of weight loss to expect. I keep seeing other peoples stats and seems to average a stone a month? I really have trouble believing that this could happen to me although I know it could!

Thanks for support ladies! xx

Hi hunni congrats on taking the first steps to the new you :) also welcome to a fabby friendly site everyone here is lovely and SOOOOO helpful :)

My wee bit of advice is slow, little and often sips as butterfly says :) promise it gets easier lol wind ease was also i very good friend to me lol and liquid senakot LOL
Just remember to take it slowly your insides are pretty swollen and will take time to heal :)
with regards to weight loss............ i had my band fitted 6th feb and as of this week 77lb down including my pre op diet and my band is still empty lol
As your tum heals your hunger will return but that's when the fills come into play.......... i wish you all the very best x x x any questions ever just ask away :)

Thanks Crystal! I was taking the wind ease the first few days but stopped as was worried it was that that was making the pain worse!

Will take it slow. Might need the senakot soon I think! Lol :)

Wow that loss is amazing! Are you doing a lot of excercise? xx

Thanks Crystal! I was taking the wind ease the first few days but stopped as was worried it was that that was making the pain worse! Will take it slow. Might need the senakot soon I think! Lol :) Wow that loss is amazing! Are you doing a lot of excercise? xx
hi and welcome I had mine 30th July 2013 and so far have lost seven and a half stone so good luck and welcome to your new life you will be fine xx

That's amazing! Well done and thank you for your support! xx

i got myself a fitbit which tracks my steps and i try (ummm not everyday) to do 10000 steps or 5 miles :) But i certainly don't go mad, i walk with a stick so its slow and steady but it all helps. Having the fitbit has helped so much because i can see how much i burn + how much i eat :) = weight loss :) fascinating xx x gl hun

Good luck. I am due to have mine in late October early November at the same place as you did. Going to keep up with your updates xx

I will do! You will get a good idea then from the beginning how things go! :) xx

i got myself a fitbit which tracks my steps and i try (ummm not everyday) to do 10000 steps or 5 miles :) But i certainly don't go mad, i walk with a stick so its slow and steady but it all helps. Having the fitbit has helped so much because i can see how much i burn + how much i eat :) = weight loss :) fascinating xx x gl hun

Hi Crystalrainbow...is a fitbit an app for your phone or can you buy it somewhere? I'm trying to be proactive and get things that will be useful for me pre and post surgery! x

Workbear35, Im excitied to hear on your progress, I am hoping to get banded in September! :) x

Hi Crystalrainbow...is a fitbit an app for your phone or can you buy it somewhere? I'm trying to be proactive and get things that will be useful for me pre and post surgery! x

Workbear35, Im excitied to hear on your progress, I am hoping to get banded in September! :) x
The fitbit is a tracking gadget i brought and its brill mainly because i don't do fandangled phones and apps LOL the fitbit is £75 there are any other fitness trackers out there too but there are also many free apps to download............ my fitness pal is fantastic and free :) you can log your food intake there and track your output too.............just download a free stepping app and add the two together and off you go :)
Its gives you such an insight as to how it all works :D gl hun all the best x x x welcome to the fab site too :)

Thank you! Hope you get a date in sept soon! Swallowing much better today so think swelling is getting better. My fitness pal is fab and free and you can scan the bar codes of food so really easy! Free and great on a phone or tablet! I was using it pre op even before I started milk diet. Welcome to the site! Claire xx

The fitbit is a tracking gadget i brought and its brill mainly because i don't do fandangled phones and apps LOL the fitbit is £75 there are any other fitness trackers out there too but there are also many free apps to download............ my fitness pal is fantastic and free :) you can log your food intake there and track your output too.............just download a free stepping app and add the two together and off you go :) Its gives you such an insight as to how it all works :D gl hun all the best x x x welcome to the fab site too :)

Thanks Crystalrainbow! And workbear!! I will check it out!!! :) I have my fitness pal, but I will defo get something to track my steps, my fitness is so low due to sore knees that walking is where I'm gonna start off with my wee dog, do bit longer than Normal every day !! Thanks for the welcome!! Xx

Last edited:
Hi workbear35. I, too, was banded by Mr Richardson on 1st july. Your profile pic looks familiar...are you the lady that had difficulties when giving blood??

Yes! I fainted first thing! Ha Ha Typical!
How are you getting on?

Update on progress I hit 2 stone loss today!!! :) YAY!!!

Back