• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update for July Oppers!

workbear35

start of the journey!

Banded 1st july 2014, dolan park. 5 days into recovery feeling good with no symptoms to speak of at the moment apart from a bit of wind and indigestion. Long may this continue! 2kg down at the moment after weighing 2kg more after the op then when I went in, but a 2kg loss I will take for now! I cant wait to start excercising a bit but I'm not sure how long I should wait? I think another week to let the wounds heal fully and I think I will be able to walk and cross train at least. Has anyone got any really effective and good exercise tips?

Hello Workbear
well done on the wls and sounding so bright!
Keep on keeping on

Number of posts? Help

Hi all,
I have been using this site now and am keen to see how close I am to 50 posts to get full access?
I really want to start using this properly. Anybody know how you can see your number of posts?
Thanks Claire :) xx

I guess you are using the app? If you look on the website I think it is shown under your name in your posts on the left under your location x

And it looks like you are there already with 50 posts workbear .. Welcome hun:)

Hey ... I'm in! Yay! :) x

Hi July Oppers!

Quick progress update 1 week out!

Back at work. Pains all gone. No sickness. Wounds a little bit sore but not substantially.

Eating (liquids) fine and actually feeling quite hungry which is worrying but got a call from the after care today and booked 1st fill on the 5th of August and have telephone appointment with the dietician next week! So this has spurred me on although she said on the phone as I said I was feeling hungry that I would feel like that for 6 months until the fills are right! :(

Mouth like the back end of a donkey at the moment and really thirsty all the time! Going to bring toothbrush in tomorrow to brush my teeth a couple of times in the day and tongue as I just cant bear it!

Still only 2kg down post op although I think I might tip over to 3 tomorrow. Slow progress considering hardly any food.

Today I had ...
Slimfast
Peppermint tea (even though the pain has gone I now am a fan!)
Coffee
Water
Chicken cup a soup
Third of a pot of low fat ambrosia custard with a pot of jelly
Small cup of Innocent Smoothie

Looking forward to my soup tonight!

Can't wait for wounds to heal so I can get into some excercise.

Put on a top this morning that was tight before and it was baggy! Still wearable but noticeably far looser which was good!

Was VERY tired this morning when I woke up and could hardly move! I def think it is the food intake or lack of and they did say to expect to feel tired but I felt like someone had kicked all the energy out of me!

Anyway that's me 1 week in!

Claire x

sounding all good where you are
keep up the good work !

You are doing well I have not long got home from having my sleeve all went well just glad I could join you all on the losers bench :)

glad to hear you're doing well, keep going x

Welcome to the loosers bench! Glad all went well. How are you feeling?

Thanks all very much for your support x

Just get this sick feeling now and again which they gave me tablets for but honestly don't feel to bad a bit tender round the stomach but I suppose that is to be expected just so glad it is all over now we can all reap the rewards :)

Your all doing really well guys....I am very happy for you all, I am hoping to join you in about 11 days...wooohhoooo :)

Hey all! Doing ok still but still only lost 2kg in 9 days! Not eating too much at all same diet as I wrote previously, a slimfast, a glass of smoothie, cup a coup, yoghurt, soup in the evening and a milky drink.

Anyone got any idea how many calories you are supposed to be consuming on the 2 week liquid diet post op?

Thanks

Back