• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bariatric Friendly Trifle

flutterby1966

Bariatric Friendly Trifle :- Sugar Free Jelly, Low Fat Angel Delight and Low Fat Custard hmmmm just missing the 100s and 1000s.

Sounds lovely ... my favourite desert. Looking forward to trying it. It must be working for you PG :)

flutterby1966

Well if you want an official taster, count me in :)

Louanne79

Peterborough Guy said:
Bariatric Friendly Trifle :- Sugar Free Jelly, Low Fat Angel Delight and Low Fat Custard hmmmm just missing the 100s and 1000s.

That looks lush PG!! Every home should have one of you :D

mariew

I made one of these for Christmas, was yummy, you can also add fruit in the jelly, not pineapple though as it prevents jelly from setting.

Muffintop83

Ohhhh that looks yum!

Montana

Might have to try making that when I can have soft food!!

Where's the creamy topping though!!! :p

H xx

simplylucy

I go the whole hog with my trifle.

I bake a sugar free sponge (using sweetener), fruit cocktail (in juice), sugar free jelly, low fat custard AND low fat cream (elmlea) whipped for the top!!

Heavenly, but only for a special treat!!!!

Peachie

I had low fat and sugar trifle on new years day, didn't think about sugar content in ambrosia low fat custard and had my worst dump since op. have never felt so I'll in my life, had palpitations and felt really dizzy :( Homemade custard only for me now!

wizzbang

Now I want something puddin'ie.
I was quite happy thinking i was just having liver and onions and then what happens..... Gary posts a puddin pic.
Ta Gary !
Lynne xx

JO28172

wizzbang said:
Now I want something puddin'ie.
I was quite happy thinking i was just having liver and onions and then what happens..... Gary posts a puddin pic.
Ta Gary !
Lynne xx

Oh don't ive been craving a treacle sponge pudding for last 2 weeks!

penelope1008

When I made our Christmas trifle I used commercial trifle sponges, drained fruit in juice, sugar free jelly crystals and homemade custard made with splenda sugar substitute topped off with ww angel delight. Everyone else had Elmlea cream while I had a small amount of evaporated milk. Gorgeous.

penelope1008

Jo28172, how about making a treacle sponge using a low fat spread such as lurpac lightest, Splenda sugar and the usual flour etc for the treacle try using agarve syrup natural fruit sugar syrup substitute available in dark or light lovely & sweet without being to sweet or the risk of dumping.

JO28172

penelope1008 said:
Jo28172, how about making a treacle sponge using a low fat spread such as lurpac lightest, Splenda sugar and the usual flour etc for the treacle try using agarve syrup natural fruit sugar syrup substitute available in dark or light lovely & sweet without being to sweet or the risk of dumping.

Oh penny sounds lush! How much to get one delivered!!! I'm no cook you see :)