• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting excited about puree conconctions

everpositive

Hello everybody

Still not remotely hungry, but am thinking of what little blobs of puree I can put together on my new tiny plate this coming weekend. I'm not the biggest fan of soup and after having my fill of it before and since the op, am hoping not to be having any more for some time.

At the weekend, I bought primula cheese spread with shrimps and salmon paste. I seem to have a hankering for fishy stuff, which is odd because I never was that keen on fish?!?!? My friend is making me some low fat raita (yoghurt, mint, cucumber, coriander), low fat hummous and a sort of low fat veggie curry all of which I will puree down. I'm going to make the standard carrot/swede mash, normal potato mash and parsnip mash. I did also buy a healthy spicy borlotti bean soup which I'll drain and blend.

Was thinking of getting those low fat already made up sandwich fillers, which I'll pummel down further but would like to hear what anyone else tried and can suggest please?? Oh yeah how does low sugar jelly and sugar free angel delight go down?

Cheers miniminers xx :p

teen

post op loser
There is a forum with lots of blended ideas on here you hsould take a look there aswell I have another week anda half to go before i get proper food lol. I know what you mean about soup sick of it now and jelly lolol

phatgirl

charliegirl

I have to say I was also the same with fish things! Weird or what? my son complains as there is so many fish products in the freezer now, I still enjoy fish more than meat todate, thinks its easier to digest and therefore a safer bet....and its healthy for you lol...xx

everpositive

Crazy isnt it?? In my former 'overeating, overindulging, carbohydrate laden' lifestyle fish would have come at the bottom of a very long and distinguised list, unless of course it was battered and deep fried with a large portion of chips.

I have read about people not even thinking about all their old comfort foods which of course are always the most high in fat/sugar/carbs, so it'll be great if I go that way too and see chips, curries, pasta, bread as a thing of the past. I know when I was pregnant, each time I always wanted fruity things like fresh pineapple or freshly squeezed orange juice. Sort of as if my body knew what it needed.

I guess ketosis just makes me want seafood?!?!? :rolleyes:

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Claire at that stage I wanted spicy! I'm not a huge spice lover but I just craved something with a bit of a kick.

As for losing old comfort foods, I can understand that. Mine was always junk like McDs or KFC (very near my office :eek:) but I haven't thought about that for a loooong time.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
The thought of not wanting KFC would please me so much I could really eat this all daylong
xx