• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bariatric secretary for St Richards

I will have to break a few hearts with that news!

Well that was last year - but he seems like a 'keeper' so I doubt things have changed!

I was also told that he has educated his children to be sensitive to obesity and not to do the things that children often do/say - what a nice man!

I find her very abrupt too. I am always upset after speaking with her. I think she should get anouther job. Karen x

I am sooo glad that it's not just me that finds Christine abrupt, infact, I think she is incredibly rude really (I'm a secretary at a school in Crawley and my goodness if I spoke to any of our parents like that or any other callers I'd get hauled across the coals and sacked) She really has to understand that their admin system is really from the arc, and she is dealing with some very distressed 'customers' all of whom are desperately waiting for life changing surgery and at the same time we are incredibly nervous too.
I don't know about you guys, I just feel at times as if I should be saying 'thank you sooo much Christine, I'm eternally grateful and fully understand that you are doing a great favour towards me .. etc etc.
I think she really really needs an attitude change - do they do operations for that?

ive emailed her today and ive decided if she ignores me or is nasty im going to make her life hell everyday till she sends me a date.(sorry)

ive emailed her today and ive decided if she ignores me or is nasty im going to make her life hell everyday till she sends me a date.(sorry)

lol, I like that idea Mandy. I was told last time I called that 'I think I've already told you this before' (this was before I could even get my question in to her) .... I think next time she has the neck to tell me that i'm going to say 'excuse me, do you speak with private patients like this also or just the ones who are unfortunate enough to be non-paying customers'. I wonder if her senior leadership team listen to her speaking to us poor, poor, long suffering patients (sorry that should be customers because we are customers, fee paying or not!)

What sort of age group is Christine in? I have spoke to about 3 different women on the phone and they have all been lovely so I assume I have not come across her yet!

On the age front....what age do you think Mr Somers and Mr Slater are?

hi emmalouise
no idea never seen her only heard her. ive spoken to tara who was nice but the best lady for me is veila shes lead nurse really but last time i said christine scared me so she found the info out for me and rang me back. shes always been lovely to me. as for the surgeons im lame at ages so wouldnt like to insult them. xxx

you lot crack me up, i've been considering ringing to see if there is a date but too frightened too now!! you've all put the fear of "christine" in me! lol.
Teapot, I am in East Grinstead so am waving as I type! My bf works on the beehive road where the big radar is. Small world! :) We'll have to meet for coffee one day!

hi angelwings
yeah she said she will get my notes from admissions and speak to mr slater on wednesday when hes back in. xx

you lot crack me up, i've been considering ringing to see if there is a date but too frightened too now!! you've all put the fear of "christine" in me! lol.
Teapot, I am in East Grinstead so am waving as I type! My bf works on the beehive road where the big radar is. Small world! :) We'll have to meet for coffee one day!

Hi Angel Wings, I'm not a million miles from E. Grinst. (used to work there some time back at East Court actually) I'm in Horsham ... (well one of the surrounding villages) ... maybe we could have a thimble full of coffee with a thimble full of mashed banana after this long long haul is over ... so let's pencil it in now shall we, mmmmm lets see post op for me should be January 2021 :wave_cry: well at the rate they move.

Actually, the way I feel about Christine at the moment she can go :kissass: lol ... maybe not, I'd never get a date then.

Do you know, I have this visual image of everytime someone rings for a date or anything and if she doesnt like them she puts their file to the bottom of the list .. i can see it, she puts the phone down and says, 'I don't like that person so she/he is going back down the pile, let's see, another 8 months should do it' ...

You have to laugh don't you? Or else you :cry:

Hiya teapot, i totally agree you do have to just laugh. I posted a thread after this yesterday saying do i ring the hospital or not. My last appt was 9 weeks ago yesterday and have not heard anything so wondered whether i should email Christine. Thing is someone else said to me (who is at Chichester also) that she waited 6 months and 2 days from initial appt with Mr Somers to op date. Well 6 months for me will be mid October so i thought if i wait until then maybe i'll hear...oh god isn't it just horrible not knowing!!!! Ru with Mr Somers or Mr Slater? Can't remember if you said that already. xxxx

Waiting is ok - BUT I had my last appointment in June, and was told to come again in September. 2 weeks ago I called to check when my appointment would be (as I have jury duty and don't want to miss it), and was told there was not even a diary note to make an appointment for me and my file had been archived!:( I then found out that the funding was not in place. So DON'T assume, give them a call/email just to check.

Waiting is ok - BUT I had my last appointment in June, and was told to come again in September. 2 weeks ago I called to check when my appointment would be (as I have jury duty and don't want to miss it), and was told there was not even a diary note to make an appointment for me and my file had been archived!:( I then found out that the funding was not in place. So DON'T assume, give them a call/email just to check.

Ok point taken! I just emailed the secretary for my sins. its that fear that you might be told nothing is in place etc. Oh well, what will be will be! Thanks for the nudge xxx Laura xxx

Hope you hear back soon - just thought I would say best not assume, wasn't trying to be bossy!!!:D I wouldn't wish the devastation I felt with a relatively minor hiccup on anyone.

Well I got a reply within half hour and they just said that I am on the waiting list and when she has a date she will call me. I now have peace of mind! :) (i didn't think you were being bossy we all need a nudge now and then, especially me!!!)

odd seeing this thread again as i spoke to her on phone today and she was lovely and has booked me in for clinic on 24th for a band fill

odd seeing this thread again as i spoke to her on phone today and she was lovely and has booked me in for clinic on 24th for a band fill
hiya hun
she was ok in the email very short but not rude. i dont mean to be nasty about her im just desperate now ,and it was very distressing last week . xx

Back