• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Barium Swallow

gweni

Don't know where to post so feel free to move.

My surgeon wants me to get a barium swallow He is in belgium but im meeting him on the 11th advised i get one done before I see him.

Anyone have any idea where to go or if my gp can arrange this?

Bupa wants 350.00! for this!

He wants the swallow to check position of band and what the rate of transit is through band (I would imagine) . In my opinion unlikely you would get one without paying for it and if you did there would be a long wait

Caroline, Gweni is one of Dr Chris's patients the same as us.

A barium swallow is his first suggestion if he thinks you may have a problem. Over in Belgium he has his special barium xray chair he uses to check. He only charged me the same 50 euros for a barium and an unfill. Its is completely different experience than here. You dont even need to get stripped down to a hospital gown. You sit in his chair, drink the barium and voila its done. He even gave me a photo of the scan :) ( like when your pregnant )

Here It is more involved but I am not convinced at the end of the day they get any more info than he does.

If you can get a cheap flight it might be cheaper to go see him in person,

yeah i discussed this with bart he told me the same 50.00!

it is 5 years since I paid that, his prices have stayed the same. :)

Back