• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BBC Article

Very interesting....and so true.
My entire life GP's have said to me " you would probably benefit from losing some weight" and then left me to it...no follow up, no input, no help, no referrals except once when I had a dietician referral and she was great- I lost about 5 stones then but of course it went back on.
I really feel that they need a team of experts because the professional that was missing was the psychologist who could actually address the mental attitudes to eating because changing those behaviours is key to permanent change and until the NHS managers get their heads around that, then the problems will not go away. It'll happen because it needs to, but as with all change in the NHS, it'll be slow!

I totally agree, I have been going for years to ses my gps for help about my weight to be told you need to loose some Karen, but no help given. My weight management group was a joke I was the biggest there and people who had done self referrals where there also and the sports centre staff had set up circuit training, I'm not joking when I say people size 10-12 where lapping me I was so embarrassed and humiliated. Then I got even more depressed. I feel we need help psychologically and physically. As problem with our food comes from emotional eating.
Thanks for writing this post I don't feel that I am the only one who has had this trouble. Luv kaz x

Back