• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Going to a bbq today-oh what to eat!!!!

Lisa J

CRYSTAL PALACE FC!
Hi everyone

going to a bbq today at my oh's bosses house, ive never met any of them and no one knows about my op-i hate these situations!!! Im 6wks post bypass op and abit worried about the food i've just gone onto solid food and am still experimenting. Their wander why someone soooo fat aint eating!!!

if u dont want to tell them about your op dont tell them... you can always say u have a dikky tummy or just look like your eating... lets be honest who is going to sit and watch what you eat... if u get a small (very small plate) n look like your picking then they will assume your eating... hope all is well. try not to worry... im having my bypass soon and have let everyone around me know im having it and that even though im having it i still want to be invited out to bbqs n things as just beacuse i cant eat much my life hasent stoped! not everyone understands but it makes things easier for me :D good luck today have a fab time xx

I had this conversation with my mum and she came up with an idea if you dont want to tell people why your not eating really, just say you have toothache. :)

Hi there,

First of all my suggestion is to relax...take a deep breath and stop worrying.

This will make things worse...

Firstly before you go, have something you know you can have at home, that way if there is a limited range, you won't get hungry or tempted by stuff that you cannot have.

Secondly, if there is something there you can manage, have a little but say you had dental work done, so have to take it easy...

It's always a good one....;)

You have already gone to the BBQ I assume but I wanted to offer a coping technique for future. In most food/social situations it is acceptable or even encouraged to bring some kind of food offering/dish. You can always bring a dish of something you know you can manage and stick to that. Also, the people around you are bound to notice that are dropping weight even though you haven't told them about your surgery you can just say 'I am watching what I eat'. There are very few people who have never dieted so most can relate, especially women.

Hope you were able to enjoy yourself.
Nic;)

Back